Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By professionalbum
  • 1 Post By rickc1961
  • 1 Post By StylishD
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Just got my Touchpad that I bought on ebay (to cheap to buy retail). The seller must not have known what they were selling at all cause I got a 32GB touchpad as advertised for $460 with free shipping which was nice, but bonus at the bottom of the box was a case and a touchstone charger. Though I bought both of those the other day the extra touchstone is a solid win for me. So happy right now.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    You know, if HP would sell the 32 Gig version with Touchstone and case for that amount, they'd have a hit. And hey, do the 16 gig for $100 less and they could be a serious contender.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Hey, guys brand new Touchpad owner right here too, just arrived today. I plucked my 16GB model from an eBay auction, with the HP case, for a cool €390. Considering the 16GB model on it's own in my local pcworld store is €480, I was pretty happy.
    retroblu likes this.
    Nice scores on new devices you two!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickc1961 View Post
    You know, if HP would sell the 32 Gig version with Touchstone and case for that amount, they'd have a hit. And hey, do the 16 gig for $100 less and they could be a serious contender.
    We argued about lower price before launch. Which was brushed aside by the theory of " high price = image of high class", funny theory.

The problem with lowering price now, is that it will dishearten the early adopters. It will be difficult. Im sure HP has some sale numbers, maybe it should take a look at that, and make a choice.
    Lets not turn this into another debate on pricing and marketing, please. There are already a couple of those. Thanks
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Just got my Touchpad that I bought on ebay (to cheap to buy retail). The seller must not have known what they were selling at all cause I got a 32GB touchpad as advertised for $460 with free shipping which was nice, but bonus at the bottom of the box was a case and a touchstone charger. Though I bought both of those the other day the extra touchstone is a solid win for me. So happy right now.
    hmmmm sounds like the QVC bundle, not directed at you, but seams shady.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by StylishD View Post
    Hey, guys brand new Touchpad owner right here too, just arrived today. I plucked my 16GB model from an eBay auction, with the HP case, for a cool 390. Considering the 16GB model on it's own in my local pcworld store is 480, I was pretty happy.
    Same price for me, including customs fees (they never stop!). I didn't get any case nor touchstone though. I'm sad now
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by StylishD View Post
    Hey, guys brand new Touchpad owner right here too, just arrived today. I plucked my 16GB model from an eBay auction, with the HP case, for a cool 390. Considering the 16GB model on it's own in my local pcworld store is 480, I was pretty happy.
    435 but with stone.
    Folks,

Do not be so cynical that bargain as such is shady. My 32GB unit, for example, was a prize given by HP and I am not the only lucky person in the same event.
    Quote Originally Posted by howi View Post
    Folks,

Do not be so cynical that bargain as such is shady. My 32GB unit, for example, was a prize given by HP and I am not the only lucky person in the same event.
    I was more going off the fact that it was not advertised as having the TS or Case, and the way the OP said it was packaged sounds EXACTLY like how my QVC purchase was packaged. Like the OP said, seemed like the seller didn't know what they had. Could always be that HP has packaged all of these specific bundles the same way, just thought it odd when the OP described the ebay listing and the packaging.

Either way, not the OPs fault.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    hmmmm sounds like the QVC bundle, not directed at you, but seams shady.
    Yeah, wonder how it was originally acquired. Lol.