1.    #1  
    Okay, this is not eerie girl or that taichi video, but why are they making the same stupid mistake with advertisement again?

I don't know about you, but even though we know TP will be launch in Singapore, but this advertisement feels more like vaporware!

I mean who wants to buy a product that nobody can see?
    Pretty lame advertisement. What are they even trying to sell? Who knows! Like you said, there's no product there.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
    Okay, this is not eerie girl or that taichi video, but why are they making the same stupid mistake with advertisement again?

I don't know about you, but even though we know TP will be launch in Singapore, but this advertisement feels more like vaporware!

That isn't an advertisement and isn't being played on TV. but, good try.
    they dont even show the touchpad!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)

ahahahahhahahaha
    it's a feeler ad. They ask to go to the facebook oage. If they get alot of hits from Singapore they can concentrat more on actual advertisement of products. New market....they want to see who'll bite. Like fishing new waters...you won't spend alot of time there if there are no bites....you head back to your old grounds only wasting a little time and money.
    This commercial obviously wouldnt work here in the US, but its should be noted that people in different places respond to different marketing. For example, I've seen some Japanese commercials that threw me for a loop.
    I was about to say the same thing. You guys have to remember where this commercial is airing. You most likely (99% chance) won't see it on TVs here in the U.S. But, Singapore is a very different place from the U.S., so who knows, maybe that ad works well over there.

Maybe someone from Singapore can chime in...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    holy crap~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I think it is a great ad, provided it is only a part of a campaigne. Get people interested, watching, piquing their curiosity, then later ads show the real product.

Also, it is HP trying out different ad strategies in different markets, those that work will go global, those that don't die. Great strategy and shows why HP is successful.
    its not a commercial. It's the kind of thing they would play to introduce a new speaker or topic at a big customer or press event.

and for that, it's very well done. I didn't see any creepy girl in it, either...

youtube != tv commercial
    A rather interesting vid. Makes me wonder if some of these imply new ways to interact with the Touchpad, new gestures anyone? Rotate? Drag and double tap? Spread? etc etc. Or am I just reading too much into it?
    rotate works with Bing maps. Double-tap puts flash video into larger frame size.
  14.    #14  
    Okay, let me qualify, I am Singaporean and I am aware of what kind of adverts my friends would react to. Also in the Singapore Palm User Group (yes, we need to change the name), the reaction is almost unanimously "What the... !!!???"

Singaporeans are pretty gadget saavy bunch in general, but really not very imaginative. They see, they like; what they don't see, they ignore. The Samsung Galaxy II phone sold out in Singapore during its first launch attests to this.

So to me a vaporware advertisement in Singapore is as bad as the eerie girl one.
    Cultures around the world vary greatly... this was not an advertisement, but, rather a promotional video to help set the stage for an advertising campaign in this region that has not yet begun....

This was very well done, actually, and very carefully thought out.

Your "Eery Girl advet is back..." title to this thread is very misleading, and should be changed, IMO.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Okay, let me qualify, I am Singaporean and I am aware of what kind of adverts my friends would react to. Also in the Singapore Palm User Group (yes, we need to change the name), the reaction is almost unanimously "What the... !!!???"
    But it's not a TV commercial, it's something internal, probably for events or trainings. It's a motivational clip. Great big corporations like to do those; Veridian Dynamics must have made dozens. I think I even saw one from Lunar Industries.

With that said, I'll agree it's a bad watch. But nobody who isn't specifically looking for it is ever going to see it.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Cultures around the world vary greatly... this was not an advertisement, but, rather a promotional video to help set the stage for an advertising campaign in this region that has not yet begun....

This was very well done, actually, and very carefully thought out.

Your "Eery Girl advet is back..." title to this thread is very misleading, and should be changed, IMO.
    Okay, you seemed to have some insight to HP which I don't. As for eery girl, I t think its now synonymous with bad advertisements, which is what and many of the members in the sg palm user group thinks. It just a matter of opinion, if HP is reading this, they should reflect on it and not try to explain it. Any advert you need to explain is a bad advert.