1.    #1  
    When I try to connect my TP to my Win 7 PC, I can see the device but trying to open it generates an Access Denied error. This had been working, but since last week no matter what I try I cannot open up my TP via USB. Everything else on the TP seems to be working fine. I have tried all 4 usb ports and have reboot, restarted and hard rebooted.
    Any ideas?
    This is improbable, but it could be the USB connection to your motherboard is loose. I had a problem similar to this with another device a long time ago. I thought it was a software issue so I did all the restarts and reboots and reinstall drivers and all kinds of stuff. Nothing ever worked. Then I opened up my case and reseated the USB cable that goes form the front of my case to the mobo. After that, no more troubles.

Though you may wish to try to connect the TP to your PC. Then go into Windows' Device Manager and uninstall the TP device from the USB interface. Then, disconnect the TP, reboot computer. Then connect TP to your PC and it should reinstall the drivers, hopefully that will clean it up.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! found the problem I had some software on my PC blocking USB ports. Glad it wasn't a tounchpad issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbakow View Post
    Thanks! found the problem I had some software on my PC blocking USB ports. Glad it wasn't a tounchpad issue!
    Great! By the way, welcome to webOS and the PreCentral Forums. Stick around!