Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    I've noticed the last few days that the sound on my TouchPad stops working. The only way to get it working again is to reboot.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Yes - there have been quite a few posts about this already - roll on the OTA update(s)
    Here's some helpful info.... Go to this thread here: [url] and about 3/4 way down 1st page there's a post by Hardbeatz with instructions on how to extract a log report. You need to follow those instructions, then send him a private message and he will reply to you with an email address to send it to.

Simply stating "there have been quite a few posts about this....." does nothing for the rest of us with the same problem . We need to get these log reports, for known bugs, in as quickly as possible so they can roll out an update.

If you're not wiling to help someone out, it's not necessary for comments like that, imo.

don't forget there will steadily be new users, some of which might not be used to forums at all....so let's show them what a great place this is. There's enough BS here as it is.

edit granted I didn't see the join date until I popped open my TouchPad...but still..... I couldn't even tell you what Palm phones were out in '05.
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/28/2011 at 03:38 AM.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher View Post
    I've noticed the last few days that the sound on my TouchPad stops working. The only way to get it working again is to reboot.

Anyone else having this problem?
    I found turning my e-mail notification sound to off has so far stopped the sound from disappearing.

Someone mentioned it might be a buffer problem and my gmail sometimes spits multiple mails down at one time.

So far so sound (sorry lol )

Barry
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    I found turning my e-mail notification sound to off has so far stopped the sound from disappearing.

Someone mentioned it might be a buffer problem and my gmail sometimes spits multiple mails down at one time.

So far so sound (sorry lol )

Barry
    Just wanted to chime in here, too.

I've also noticed that when my sound goes out it's always after an e-mail comes in. I'll need to pay more attention to see if it's after more than one e-mail at a time. But you may be on to something here....
    I'm very close with someone who does most of the audio software for Palm.
    Are there easily reproducible steps to get this problem to occur? I mentioned this to them and they could not reproduce the issue by sending multiple emails continuously.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Here's some helpful info.... Go to this thread here: [url] and about 3/4 way down 1st page there's a post by Hardbeatz with instructions on how to extract a log report. You need to follow those instructions, then send him a private message and he will reply to you with an email address to send it to.

Simply stating "there have been quite a few posts about this....." does nothing for the rest of us with the same problem . We need to get these log reports, for known bugs, in as quickly as possible so they can roll out an update.

If you're not wiling to help someone out, it's not necessary for comments like that, imo.

don't forget there will steadily be new users, some of which might not be used to forums at all....so let's show them what a great place this is. There's enough BS here as it is.

edit granted I didn't see the join date until I popped open my TouchPad...but still..... I couldn't even tell you what Palm phones were out in '05.
    Okay. Is it just me or is there not a link in this post? And I'm having the same problem even running 3.0.2. Seems sporadic though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    Okay. Is it just me or is there not a link in this post? And I'm having the same problem even running 3.0.2. Seems sporadic though.
    Here are the instructions for obtaining a log:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3013627

As HardBeatZ points out in his post, you will need to send him a private message (not a visitor's message) to arrange for transmitting the log to him.

And as noted above, a few people have fixed the situation by turning off notification sounds.