Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    how can I set proxy server for TP web browser after connecting to my company's network via vpn? Thanks
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    someone knows,there is a nova command...
    hopefully someone can make a app put in App Catalog.
  3.    #3  
    does anyone know the answer? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The company I work for has a business relationship with HP and are looking into TouchPads. One of our requirements is proxy support, so this was posed to our contact at HP.

Does HP TouchPad support Proxy ?

[Today], the [TouchPad] device does not support proxy settings and there is no where to enter an IP address at this point.
    This may be a feature added to the device at a later time. However, at this time, this feature is not supported.
    I will escalate the feature request to the engineers.
    If you like, you can go to Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA to request this and all other features you would like to see.

I hope that HP takes their commitment to be an Enterprise device seriously.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    The company I work for has a business relationship with HP and are looking into TouchPads. One of our requirements is proxy support, so this was posed to our contact at HP.

Does HP TouchPad support Proxy ?

[Today], the [TouchPad] device does not support proxy settings and there is no where to enter an IP address at this point.
    This may be a feature added to the device at a later time. However, at this time, this feature is not supported.
    I will escalate the feature request to the engineers.
    If you like, you can go to Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA to request this and all other features you would like to see.

I hope that HP takes their commitment to be an Enterprise device seriously.
    without proxy support, how are they going after enterprise folks? Ipad2 supports proxy. Why are we several steps behind apple instead of a step ahead? HP is not palm and has deep pockets. This is pathetic to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    without proxy support, how are they going after enterprise folks? Ipad2 supports proxy. Why are we several steps behind apple instead of a step ahead? HP is not palm and has deep pockets. This is pathetic to say the least.
    Don't even need to mention iPhone OS... my Nokia E51 that runs on Symbian S60v3 from 2007 supported proxies on a connection basis!

We've been complaining about this since webOS 1.x. Palm/HP, why the frack haven't you done anything?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Hm.. i just saw this thread.

https://developer.palm.com/distribut...p=63184#p63184

From what I can gather it looks like webOS 3 already supports proxy, its just not built into the GUI.. homebrew should be able to create a patch for this very easily I assume?
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post

From what I can gather it looks like webOS 3 already supports proxy, its just not built into the GUI.. homebrew should be able to create a patch for this very easily I assume?
    Thanks for the info. But why wouldn't HP do this? Why do they new HB community for this? A lot of people wouldn't get around to HB for proxy and go with something else. These are the little things people lose patience and go with something else. HP really need to work and get all these things sorted out. Not sure who makes such poor decisions of leaving it out.

Awesome! We be needing a patch until HP gets their ***** together.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Don't even need to mention iPhone OS... my Nokia E51 that runs on Symbian S60v3 from 2007 supported proxies on a connection basis!

We've been complaining about this since webOS 1.x. Palm/HP, why the frack haven't you done anything?
    You mean like the non-functional encrypted PPTP VPN on Android?

That's had an open case for like 3 years or so...

I think proxy is semi-broke on most Android versions, also.
    I was running 2.2.1 on a Captivate, and didn't work at the office on proxy.
    Haven't tried my current 2.3.3, though...

I don't know what these companies are thinking...
    ok where is the proxy support. I can get to my company VPN but need proxy support....
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Has anyone developed a patch or app to enable proxy support yet?
    me likey proxie, me wants dis

I'm pretty sure even 1.4.5 supports proxy, because if otherwise there's no way the Bell Self Serve app have worked, it requires the phone to go through the Bell proxy to identify itself. That's actually what's missing on my Veer to make the app work.
    yea an app to do this would be great
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    The functionality is in the OS. It sounds like an app to switch a proxy on and off would be relatively trivial for someone who knew what they were doing to code. A lot of people have asked for it in the requests thread. It just seems bizarre no one has done so...

If someone wants to take this on I would totally pay at least a fiver for such an app, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Assuming it works ;-)
    brum likes this.
    I've made an app to set a proxy that works with the web app on the pre3 and touchpad. anyone interested in testing it?
    Someone has to take up copystring on his offer!

I would but my proxy issues are at work, and the tech guy is to up to his eyeballs so I cant really start nagging him to help me testing touch pad stuff
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    I've made an app to set a proxy that works with the web app on the pre3 and touchpad. anyone interested in testing it?
    I and 2 other co-workers have TP.

We would love to try a proxy app.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    I and 2 other co-workers have TP.

We would love to try a proxy app.
    Sent you a PM with the app.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast