Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Using the 'proxyswitch' from Robert, firstly massive thanks for trying to get this working.

I have to have a username and password for the schools proxy, tried it in the unword@IP format but it didn't work unfortunately.
    Hi All,

Thanks for trying out my app. For now, the app relies on an interal system service, so it can only provide whatever HP is willing to provide. If the username/password is not working, then HP probably doesn't want you to use that.

The service com.palm.connectionmanager/configureNwProxies is not documented and all I could find was how to switch a proxy on and off. If anybody has more information about this service, that would be much appreciated and would potentially allow me to add authentication functionality.

Still trying to figure out how to publish this through the precentral feed on preware...anybody?

@mibaksh: Let me understand this...you've tried to login to a proxy server that required authentication and it worked with the USERNAME:PASSWORD@PROXY_URL method? That would mean that it works in some cases. (scasplte2 in another thread got it working also.)

@riverer: Is there an error message for you at all?
    Last edited by rob_hh; 09/27/2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Ok so I got it to work for my uni proxy with no issues. I'll try it out muchmore tmrw. Today was a hectic day for me.

What I can tell u is that my uni uses authentication and your outlined format for USERNAME:PASSWORD@PROXYIP worked wonders for the URL. It works better than even on my iPhone ironically. I didn't try mail or anything though.

EDIT: mail does not work (just like in iOS) only web browser ooh well. At least it is something
    Last edited by mibaksh; 09/28/2011 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added info about mail app + proxy
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    when is this proxy getting to preware? I can not get it by adding the feed?

Thanks ....
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    will this software work for

domain\usernameassword@proxy dns name?
    I'll do a guide at some point but check the previous page for the repo address, add it and enter the proxy url as we described... I can assure you for me it works. ;-)
    the domain/username goes in under proxy url in the app
    Proxify will be on preware soon. Here's the threat to it: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...6-privoxy.html
    mibaksh likes this.
    nice I will try it out as well. Good job man
    Finally, my app "ProxySwitch" is available on Preware through the precentral feed.

Update your feeds and search for it or browse to Application->Unsorted->ProxySwitch

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Can you support FQDNs as well? I only have the Bell proxy as a string, not the IP address.
    The FQD name works just as well. Address would probably be a more accurate label.

I tested it on company network and always used the name of the proxy server - not the IP address.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    BTW - Proxify is now available via Preware. I just removed the beta version and replace it with the shiny new Preware 1.0 version.

Thanks copystring.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    BTW - Proxify is now available via Preware. I just removed the beta version and replace it with the shiny new Preware 1.0 version.

Thanks copystring.
    You're welcome
    Thanks for the authors, but I still couldn't use both (proxify, proxyswitch) on my veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by eworker888 View Post
    Thanks for the authors, but I still couldn't use both (proxify, proxyswitch) on my veer.
    Veer doesn't have enyo I believe. Proxify requires enyo to run.
    proxify has support for usernamew@ip?
    didnt see it so I'm sticking to proxy switch which works.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    proxify has support for usernamew@ip?
    didnt see it so I'm sticking to proxy switch which works.
    It should support
    Code:
    username:pw@ip
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    Veer doesn't have enyo I believe. Proxify requires enyo to run.
    copystring,thanks for hint. I just installed enyo to my veer, and I could use proxify and proxyswitch now and both of them work fine.
    The proxyswitch screen layout is quite big that will over the veer screen, and the proxify is perfect fit.

However, the google map and youtube having problem with the proxy setting. Anyone know Is that same if I install squid for transparent proxy?
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_hh View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks for trying out my app. For now, the app relies on an interal system service, so it can only provide whatever HP is willing to provide. If the username/password is not working, then HP probably doesn't want you to use that.

The service com.palm.connectionmanager/configureNwProxies is not documented and all I could find was how to switch a proxy on and off. If anybody has more information about this service, that would be much appreciated and would potentially allow me to add authentication functionality.

Still trying to figure out how to publish this through the precentral feed on preware...anybody?

@mibaksh: Let me understand this...you've tried to login to a proxy server that required authentication and it worked with the USERNAME:PASSWORD@PROXY_URL method? That would mean that it works in some cases. (scasplte2 in another thread got it working also.)

@riverer: Is there an error message for you at all?
    hi Robert,

Is there any log that I could check if the path is redirect to the proxy ip?
    thanks
    Does either Proxify or Proxy Switch work if your network uses an HTTP Proxy in an Auto field (Auto proxy) like the Iphone/Itouch allows?

See an example of what I have to put in the URL field of my Ipod Touch under HTTP Proxy - Auto (button selected).

http://proxy-config.xxxxxxx.com/autoconfig.proxy
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kcurry32 View Post
    Does either Proxify or Proxy Switch work if your network uses an HTTP Proxy in an Auto field (Auto proxy) like the Iphone/Itouch allows?

See an example of what I have to put in the URL field of my Ipod Touch under HTTP Proxy - Auto (button selected).

http://proxy-config.xxxxxxx.com/autoconfig.proxy
    i coudlnt point it to my PAC file.. but "usersnameassword@domain name" worked fine.. this is awesome!! Now if only we didnt have to turn the proxy on and off. if it would know that the proxy belongs to which wireless network (or no proxy)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast