Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I used an app on android called Transproxy, which was a transparent proxy that supported authentication. When the dev couldn't continue development he uploaded the source code to the first post in his forum thread:

http(s) proxy support (web, maps, etc) - xda-developers

Maybe the source code could be useful for a webOS app since they share some linux roots.

Another developer has since taken this code and improved it to make an android app called Autoproxy.

Ben
    Hey copystring, thanks for chasing this. I'll work with noseph (touchpad wants to change that to Joseph) on Monday. I'll try to pull some traffic logs off of our firewall to see exactly what is going on.
    I'd love to test this out if you want another testing
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    I've made an app to set a proxy that works with the web app on the pre3 and touchpad. anyone interested in testing it?
    Just saw this post. Been looking for something like this. Would love to try it out on my Touchpad.
    Yes I want to test as well

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Yes I want to test as well

Currently I have enough testers. The next version will most likely be published in this thread.
    really wanted to test it i didnt realize you were sending out betas.

any ETA?

I don't expect an ETA though, I accustomed to the Sunday is Funday principle from the Devteam
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Argh! I totally missed this!

Copystring - I see you have enough testers for now, but please do count me in if you need more in the future. I was actually going to sit in the university library for a good few hours tomorrow, would have been an ideal time to test!
    Giving a small preview of the current status. On the side of that I do need an icon for the app launcher. I'm not any good at things like that ... if anyone is willing to help me with that would be very much appreciated!

Pyrrhic and mibaksh like this.
    love it! is there provision for authentication? like username/pw?
    Hi All,

It looks like copystring and I had the same idea at the same time. I've also created an app to switch on and off system wide proxy server access in webOS. Mine is an enyo app developed for the Touchpad. I have no idea if it will work for other webOS devices also.

I've been trying to publish my app through the precentral feed on preware. However, I still haven't been able to find out the procedure. Therefore, I will make the app available through my own feed for now.

People who are interested in trying out my app, should add

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4011151/ProxySwitch

to their feeds on Preware (Preware->Manage Feeds->Add Feed).

After updating your feeds, you will be able to find it in Preware under the Category "Available Packages->Application->System Utilities->ProxySwitch"

Let me know how the app works for you.

I'll post here once the app has been added to the precentral feed.

Cheers!

P.S. I'm not sure if proxies with authentication will work as well. If someone has access to a proxy with authentication and could try to enter USERNAME:PW@proxy_url into the Proxy URL field, that would be great.
    Last edited by rob_hh; 09/25/2011 at 05:13 PM.
    noseph, mibaksh and brum like this.
    This is for touchpad as sell right? Thanks*

"I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    Giving a small preview of the current status. On the side of that I do need an icon for the app launcher. I'm not any good at things like that ... if anyone is willing to help me with that would be very much appreciated!

Click to view quoted image
    Can you support FQDNs as well? I only have the Bell proxy as a string, not the IP address.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_hh View Post
    Hi All,

It looks like copystring and I had the same idea at the same time. I've also created an app to switch on and off system wide proxy server access in webOS. Mine is an enyo app developed for the Touchpad. I have no idea if it will work for other webOS devices also.

I've been trying to publish my app through the precentral feed on preware. However, I still haven't been able to find out the procedure. Therefore, I will make the app available through my own feed for now.

After updating your feeds, you will be able to find it in Preware under the Category "Available Packages->Application->System Utilities->ProxySwitch"

Cheers!

P.S. I'm not sure if proxies with authentication will work as well. If someone has access to a proxy with authentication and could try to enter USERNAME:PW@proxy_url into the Proxy URL field, that would be great.
    thank you so much! Got it installed. Will try it out tmrw.
    one thing, where do I enter this url? And can you give me an example say this is the username/pw....
    username-12345
    password - 67890

thanks much!
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    thank you so much! Got it installed. Will try it out tmrw.
    one thing, where do I enter this url? And can you give me an example say this is the username/pw....
    username-12345
    password - 67890

thanks much!
    I'm curious about your test, because I have no idea if it will work.

For

username: 12345
    password: 67890
    proxy: 127.0.0.1

, you'd have to enter 12345:67890@127.0.0.1 into the textfield that says "Proxy URL".
    Hi All,

Cheers!

Cheers, looks like it works fine.
    Authentication via un:PWD@url method doesn't work though.

Update:
    Email is working fine too.
    Games such as Tanked doesn't seems to work (I don't need it at Uni anyway)
    Last edited by hunter0405; 09/26/2011 at 12:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Cheers!

Feed does not seem to work tried "is compressed" yes and no. Getting HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND error.

EDIT: Never mind I was copy and pasting the url from the post and it was adding extra characters to the url causing the feed to not work.

EDIT 2: Great job! Worked first time with a fully qualified name.
    Last edited by noseph; 09/26/2011 at 06:50 AM.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    rob_hh: worked first time, but only for the browser. Not sure if this is what you intended.

CopyString: sending you a pm now.
    I'm working on getting Proxify on preware. Please be a little bit more patient. Everyone will soon have the chance to use it.
    Edit:On my iPhone. I only realize how blind I was last night. Lmao. Gonna try the URL thing now lol.

And it works. Omfg. Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much buddy

I'm curious about your test, because I have no idea if it will work.

For

username: 12345
    password: 67890
    proxy: 127.0.0.1

, you'd have to enter 12345:67890@127.0.0.1 into the textfield that says "Proxy URL".
    that was just an example. Our uni uses a username as one I'd# and a set password.

thing is... I'm not seeing anywhere to enter a proxy url in the proxyswitch program I got from your dropbox.

I just took 15 minutes trying to get the Photobucket link of the screenshot here.... But its not copying :/

gotit:
    http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/t...-09_214215.png
    (that was frustrating.... Almost ordered an iPad :/) jk

see no where to entered proxy url
    copystring, don't worry I'll be trying your app too ;-)
    Last edited by mibaksh; 09/27/2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: It works. God bless u bro
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast