Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i seem to be having trouble. i followed the directions here and in the 'get started' guide but so far no luck.
    basically, my touchpad is fully updated, i can get preware installed on it, but everything is greyed out except installed packages and list of everything. other things like "package updates" and "available patches" is inaccessible (greyed)
    . Let's try this as a solution using the following steps:

Go into Preware and then in the upper left Click on 'Preware' pull down menu
    Click on "Preferences" go down the page to MAIN SCENE section
    All the buttons should be in the "YES" position with blue LED button

. Give that a try and hope this works for you...

........................... Has this helped you?... Just Click ."Thanks!" .button below..V
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/08/2011 at 10:02 PM.
  2. chi
    Worked for me on Windows 7. I needed to install the latest Java so the install box would come up instead of WinRar.
    JCPDX likes this.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwsoonerdoc1 View Post
    I have preware on my Touchpad, but I was trying to help a friend install it on his and I can't get it to go into developer mode. I followed the correct procedure, but the developer mode icon doesn't show up after I type webos20090606 into just type. Any suggestions?
    - FYI - If the 'Developer Mode Enabler' icon fails to appear after typing:. webos20090606

. Give this a try:

Tap "Just Type..." in next window look in the upper left corner of TP and then again Click on this other 'Just Type' / Click on 'Preferences' then in next window for "items you would like to appear in Search Results" make sure 'Applications' is turned "ON" with a blue button. The Developer Mode icon should now appear after typing webos20090606 ...

........................... Has this helped you?... Just Click ."Thanks!" .button below..V
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/17/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    ........JC.........

Quote Originally Posted by JCPDX View Post
    Why do you find it necessary to run a 'Full Erase' ??
    Need a bit more info from you - OS on PC is XP, WIN7, MAC? Password in Dev Mode? etc...

. Installing Preware on TouchPad does not required you to run a 'Full Erase'.
    Also, without a very good reason you really don't have to run a 'Full Erase' ...

. So I can fill in the blanks on my end... send a bit more of that additional info...

EDIT: never mind, I think I got it....a simple search yielded me the results...

ok....so I finally got around to install preware and it was painless...

one question though.....do I have to leave DEV mode on all the time now or I can switch it off now that I got preware installed? will this DEV mode affect any patching I will do with preware? I know it may sound like a dumb question but I'd rather ask than suffer later.

great write up btw...!
    Last edited by medbuyer; 09/04/2011 at 03:51 PM.
    JCPDX likes this.
    Before, I was having issues with what appeared to be WOSQI. I had the newst java, newest WOSQI and newest webos update. If the TP (which is in DEV mode) was hooked up before opening QI, it would never load, and stay on the load screen. If I loaded QI first and then plugged in the TP, as soon as I clicked any buttons in QI it would freeze.

After following your steps above, it no longer freezes anymore, but just keeps saying no devices are connected. So, looks like I am past the freezing issue, but now, it won't recognize the TP at all. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the novacom drivers multiple times as well.

Under Device Manager, it does show I have a webos-device connected, so I don't think it is a USB problem. Any more help available? So, to clarify:

o Newest Java 6 update 27 installed
    o Newest WOSQI installed
    o Novacom drivers reinstalled multiple times, with and without PC and TP restarts
    o WebOS 3.0.2 updated and in DEV mode, not touching any buttons once I plug in to USB
    o WOSQI attempted both in and not in USB Mode, and before and during TP connection to USB
    o Windows 7 64 bit OS

I hope I am not forgetting anything for you guys to help me out.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
    Before, I was having issues with what appeared to be WOSQI.... If I loaded QI first and then plugged in the TP, as soon as I clicked any buttons in QI it would freeze.
    After following your steps above, it no longer freezes anymore, but just keeps saying no devices are connected. So, looks like I am past the freezing issue, but now, it won't recognize the TP at all. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the novacom drivers multiple times as well.
    Under Device Manager, it does show I have a webos-device connected, so I don't think it is a USB problem.
    . If you have not already, I would give another USB Port a try just in case...
    So, to clarify:
    o Newest Java 6 update 27 installed
    o Newest WOSQI installed................
    Good!! You followed all of the Guide's steps to a 'T'.
    Bad!! It seems you are in with the unlucky few that have issues related to QI/Win7's configuration/existing programs conflict.
    So you are still trying to install Preware on the Touchpad...

. Let's try these additional steps:
    - In this Thread read Post # 106 about cleaning up multi-version of Java still installed in Windows.
    - Temp disable AntiVirus/Firewall program(s) in Win7
    - If that does not solve your issue read Post # 100 as an alternate way to install Preware on Touchpad...
    . If you have not already, I would give another USB Port a try just in case...

Good!! You followed all of the Guide's steps to a 'T'.
    Bad!! It seems you are in with the unlucky few that have issues related to QI/Win7's configuration/existing programs conflict.
    So you are still trying to install Preware on the Touchpad...

. Let's try these additional steps:
    - In this Thread read Post # 106 about cleaning up multi-version of Java still installed in Windows.
    - Temp disable AntiVirus/Firewall program(s) in Win7
    - If that does not solve your issue read Post # 100 as an alternate way to install Preware on Touchpad...
    Thank you very much for the quick reply. For a follow up, I was able to get it to work, and it was quite simple really. I made sure my TP was backed up, performed a FULL erase, plugged it in after WOSQI was running, and VOILA! It instantly read my TP. No problems now from this point. So again, thanks for all the great info on this page, and hopefully anyone else having the same problems I still was can perform this simple step to get it working!
  8.    #128  
    - FYI. +. CHECKLIST - For installation of WOSQI / Preware on the TouchPad

On TouchPad/PC - Have following programs running the most recent updated Versions:
    • Update TouchPad with new OTA webOS 3.0.2. 68
    • JAVA - 1.6.0. 26 - Installed only on PC/OS
    • WebOSQuickInstall v4.2.3 - Installed only on PC/OS
    • Preware ver 1.7.x - Installed only on TouchPad

On PC/Windows - How to check and see if WOSQI with Novacom service has started?
    • In Services [Run: services.msc] look for 'Palm Novacom' and check Service status to see that it has "Started".
    • Check Computer Properties and in Device Manager look for 'Palm Novacom Modules\Palm Novacom'
    • Also in Device Manager when the TouchPad is connected it comes up as 'Portable Devices\webOS-device'

Last edited by JCPDX; 09/10/2011 at 05:18 AM.
    ........JC.........

There seems to be a bit of confusion by new users. Just wanted to give a heads-up that my newly released WOSQI Homebrew Guide will give you a step-by-step approach to setting up and using WOSQI to install packages like Preware. There's also a built-in interactive problem troubleshooter for those who have issues. http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ng.wosqi.guide
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
    Thank you very much for the quick reply. For a follow up, I was able to get it to work, and it was quite simple really. I made sure my TP was backed up, performed a FULL erase, plugged it in after WOSQI was running, and VOILA! It instantly read my TP. No problems now from this point. So again, thanks for all the great info on this page, and hopefully anyone else having the same problems I still was can perform this simple step to get it working!
    I Have Two Touchpad And One No Problem to Install Preware and Second Device No Found Please Help
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchpadNewbie View Post
    What I did was I went to get.preware.org/
    Downloaded the .exe file, put my touchpad into developer mode and ran it to install Preware.
    Installed Preware fine, updated to 1.7 when I ran the app, no problems whatsoever.
    Used this method on 2 32GB TPs with no errors, I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
    Can You Give Me Detail I Am Not Computer Geek...
    please help....
    Hi, just started using my Touchpad not too long ago, and I'm having trouble with WOSQI and even Preware installer. Apparently Novacom service cannot run on my computer. I've attached the jpg but I'm not sure if it can be seen (am a forum newbie). I'm running Windows XP, and have tried all ways that I can find, (restarting of touchpad & computer etc).

Please help, am flying off in a few days and I really want to set it up before I fly.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. xpl
    brilliant guide thanks!
    JCPDX likes this.
    In order to use webosQuickInstall, does the touchpad have to be in develper mode always? I have some ipk apps I want to install but are not from preware.

Steve
    Simple Steps Guide to install WOSQI / Preware on TouchPad

Since there seems to be a bit of confusion by new users and to prevent this from occuring, on my part in the future, I am deferring to the following sources for the installation of WebOSQuickInstall (WOSQI) and Preware:

[Click Here].. 99.. "WOSQI Homebrew Guide" by Jason Robitaille
    .........................99.. "Preware Homebrew Documentation" by Rod Whitby

I just downloaded and ran WOSQI to install Preware which is not found. Has it been removed from the Online Repositories?
    Is preware not working as normally as it should becuase of the update? I had to wipe my TP, and now am trying to re-install all the performance boosting patches like muffle, remove drop packet logging, etc. They seemed to have all dissappeared, even when I attempt to search for them. Also, if overclocking disabled for now? I tried to go to Govnah to OC, but the profile just says unkown. Whats going on??
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Please note that the "TESTING" feeds are no longer working and have been replaced with Alpha and Beta feeds, read link below on how to update.

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Wishing to get my Win2K (Service pack 4) IBM T30 Thinkpad to recognise TouchPad, as important mobile backup for WOSQI/Doctor/Preware etc.

Already have HPTP running fine through WinXP desktop. Preware etc installed. But Windows 2000 is giving me trouble!

Have installed latest WOSQI + Novacom + Java (and removed old Java versions) on Win2k machine.

Dev Mode: 'On'.

2K Device Manager recognises 'HP webOS-device USB Device' under Disc Drives and asks for a driver for "? webOS-device" in 'Found New Hardware'.
    No 'Palm Novacom Module' listed.

Temp disabled Firewall & AV.

'Novacomd' visible in Add/Remove Programs.

Nothing 'Palm' or 'Novacom' visible in 'Services'.

WOSQI not recognising TP..

Been around in a few circles with this on two machines and would appreciate any hints! Is it 'Java' not hitting into Win 2000?

Thank you!

EDIT: Later.. It has since been make clear to me elsewhere here that Win2K is the 'problem' and that Novacom is not registered by any 'Windows OS' prior to XP.. though this was not apparently made clear in any posting/thread here!

TP 32Gb F4 3.0.4.
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/03/2011 at 08:55 AM.
    question, I installed using preware installer currently updating, is there a preware hd? A fullscreen version for Enyo.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast