Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
    Like an ***** I installed preware, a bunch of patches and overclocked to 1.5ghz... without updating to webos 3.0.2. Do I need to manually uninstall everything update then re-install, or can I just update? Thanks!

Edit: Started re-reading the thread in non-panic mode. It appears that everything should update just fine if I patch it.
    Last edited by An|mos|ty; 08/26/2011 at 07:50 PM.
    JCPDX likes this.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by An|mos|ty View Post
    Like an ***** I installed preware, a bunch of patches and overclocked to 1.5ghz... without updating to webos 3.0.2. Do I need to manually uninstall everything update then re-install, or can I just update? Thanks!

Edit: Started re-reading the thread in non-panic mode. It appears that everything should update just fine if I patch it.
    . Great to hear that you found the solution for updating TouchPad with OTA.

. Also, thanks for taking the time to re-read, in non-panic mode, the Posts in this Thread to find a solution...

Last edited by JCPDX; 08/27/2011 at 03:01 PM.
    2 computers with xp trying to use Install the “WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar” java

have the touch pad in developer mode run software then hook up touch pad and it doesn't recognize, turned off firewall even tried other third party drivers still not recognize pad

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craigm
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigm1 View Post
    2 computers with xp trying to use Install the “WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar” java
    have the touch pad in developer mode run software then hook up touch pad and it doesn't recognize, turned off firewall even tried other third party drivers still not recognize pad...
    - On TouchPads did you ever setup a password in Dev Mode? No Click on USB or Cancel?
    - In this Thread take a look at Post #36 for cleanup of additional Java versions and also at Post #17 to see if "novacomd" is installed properly and currently running.
    - Try the Steps in Post # 7 ...

Last edited by JCPDX; 08/28/2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmm View Post
    Got the same error on Win 7 64 bit, these directions fixed it. Thanks much.

Got preware on the touchpad and so far have installed adblock and the "lite" volume increaser.

Anyone have must-get recommendations?
    this worked for me too! good looking out FINALLY have preware again on my WebOS devices
    Pre-ware installed. Thanks!
    you are a god among men. thank you.
    JCPDX likes this.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by asclepius_xray View Post
    you are a god among men. thank you.
    Well not really... I stayed at a 'Holiday Inn Express' and then wrote all of this stuff...
    You are welcome and thank you for the "Thanks!"

Last edited by JCPDX; 08/29/2011 at 02:56 PM.
    I know jack about Macs; I hope to gift my son a TP and will be visiting him this weekend. He has a Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I've used QI to install Preware many times. Are there any differences installing WOSQI on a Mac? I realize there have been problems with Lion, but will I have any problems?
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I know jack about Macs; I hope to gift my son a TP and will be visiting him this weekend. He has a Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I've used QI to install Preware many times. Are there any differences installing WOSQI on a Mac? I realize there have been problems with Lion, but will I have any problems?
    . After you check this out you will be an all jack expert on the Mac... [Click Here]
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/20/2011 at 01:10 PM.
    I installed an application using QI. It did not properly uninstall using Preware. Now I have leftovers and a notification that the app did not properly download an update. I thought I was supposed to be able to uninstall an app installed using QI, but can't find the uninstall feature. Should I try installing this app again? Thanks for any help. If you have a solid idea, please email me at nevertells@hotmail.com.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by nevertells View Post
    I installed an application using QI. It did not properly uninstall using Preware. Now I have leftovers and a notification that the app did not properly download an update. I thought I was supposed to be able to uninstall an app installed using QI, but can't find the uninstall feature. Should I try installing this app again? Thanks for any help. If you have a solid idea, please email me at nevertells@hotmail.com.

. In this Thread take a look and read the FYI - Post # 37 for your solution...
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/29/2011 at 11:31 AM.
  13.    #93  
    - FYI - Preware Package Not found under "Applications" Tab / Uninstalling Preware

In WOSQI - If at any time Preware has been installed on TouchPad - under "Applications" Tab
    the Preware app Package will no longer be available until it is uninstalled on the TouchPad...

Use WOSQI - To uninstall Preware or any other User-Installed Content from the TouchPad -
    With TouchPad connected to PC try using WOSQI by Clicking on "Tools" / "Device Management"
    wait for items to load on screen, choose your item(s), and Click "Uninstall" button...
    [Make sure Developer Mode is "ON" (w/blue button showing) + Do Not Click on either USB or Cancel.]

Note: If at any time an item does not uninstall properly - try again to reinstall then redo the uninstall... and be sure to "REBOOT" after any installs/uninstalls on the PC or TouchPad...

........................... Has this helped you?... Just Click ."Thanks!" .button below..V
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/17/2011 at 03:31 PM.
    ........JC.........

My issue seems to be quite rare if not non-existant...I get this "Error: Unable to download org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.5_arm.ipk" whenI follow the instructions and click on install from WebOS quick Installer. I tried everything from rebooting both pc and touchpad but nothing seems to be working. It did accidentally install another app and it came up in my touch pad. It's jus that it's not downloading the preware...why is this???
    Quote Originally Posted by pdavid143 View Post
    My issue seems to be quite rare if not non-existant...I get this "Error: Unable to download org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.5_arm.ipk" whenI follow the instructions and click on install from WebOS quick Installer. I tried everything from rebooting both pc and touchpad but nothing seems to be working. It did accidentally install another app and it came up in my touch pad. It's jus that it's not downloading the preware...why is this???
    I was getting this exact same error, and I uninstalled Preware from the TP and reinstalled and I am no longer getting the error.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    I was getting this exact same error, and I uninstalled Preware from the TP and reinstalled and I am no longer getting the error.
    Thanks for your response but my issues is that I haven't even installed preware...it's not letting me install preware on my TP with this error. So whaty could I do now?
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdavid143 View Post
    First thing to check is the Anti-Virus/Firewall settings which can prevent Preware download...
    Are you located in Canada? Here is the reason I ask... look over and read in this Thread these Posts # 53 - 54 - 55 - 62
    In Post # 62 they found a solution but did not elaborate on what steps were taken.
    You should ask them in a PM Forum message what steps exactly fixed their issue.
    . Then please come back here to Post and share with others your findings...
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/05/2011 at 08:43 PM.
    Followed all steps, have the WOSQI installed with driver, and TouchPad is in dev mode. WOSQI launches, detects my device but when I hit the globe looking icon, it connects to some links then I am at a blank Applications page. I type in "Preware" and try to search but nothing comes up for me to isntall. Has this been removed or discontinued?

Also I went to look for a stand alone IPK or installer and just find versions dating back to 1.5 and not compatible with webOS 3.x.

Anyone know how to isntall the latest 1.6.3 Preware version if you cannot search for it via the apps feed within WOSQI?
    DUH!! I never rebooted once I had the WOSQI installed. I rebooted then everything worked like a charm... Dang reboot! Sheesh, went down the techy road and a reboot was all that it needed. I will go stick my head in a hole now... :-)
    JCPDX likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPDX View Post
    First thing to check is the Anti-Virus/Firewall settings which can prevent Preware download...
    Are you located in Canada? Here is the reason I ask... look over and read in this Thread these Posts # 53 - 54 - 55 - 62
    In Post # 62 they found a solution but did not elaborate on what steps were taken.
    You should ask them in a PM Forum message what steps exactly fixed their issue.
    . Then please come back here to Post and share with others your findings...
    What I did was I went to get.preware.org/
    Downloaded the .exe file, put my touchpad into developer mode and ran it to install Preware.
    Installed Preware fine, updated to 1.7 when I ran the app, no problems whatsoever.
    Used this method on 2 32GB TPs with no errors, I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
    Last edited by TouchpadNewbie; 08/31/2011 at 11:36 AM.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast