Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
    Wow, thanks a ton for the step by step instructions. Downloaded and running preware now! Installed a "cheezburger" app for my girlfriend. Can't wait to look around for some more great apps!
    JCPDX likes this.
    I finally got Preware installed.
    Instead of using Quick Install, I used what one of the members said to use on page one of the forum. It worked perfectly for me, installed and updated Preware to 1.7.3.
    Overclocked my Touchpad to 1.73ghz and installed some of the patches, it's running very smoothly and fast now.

Although I have a question, does anyone's touchpad's wifi not work correctly sometimes? Even if I have the wifi symbol, it does not work, I have to turn off wifi and turn it back on. It's easy to fix but it gets annoying, is there someway to fix the wifi problem permanently?
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchpadNewbie View Post
    I finally got Preware installed.
    Instead of using Quick Install, I used what one of the members said to use on page one of the forum. It worked perfectly for me, installed and updated Preware to 1.7.3.
    . Glad Preware is up and running properly...
    Overclocked my Touchpad to 1.73ghz and installed some of the patches, it's running very smoothly and fast now.
    . Be sure and read as much as you can about side effects of pushing TP to 1.7 - one of which could be the WiFi not connecting properly...
    Although I have a question, does anyone's touchpad's wifi not work correctly sometimes? Even if I have the wifi symbol, it does not work, I have to turn off wifi and turn it back on. It's easy to fix but it gets annoying, is there someway to fix the wifi problem permanently?
    . Today did see this interesting Post [TouchPad WiFi issues and Routers] which covers "WiFi Router Settings" which goes back to my statement of checking Router's firmware version. (Check Router Model # and Read up on Manufacture's firmware download page) Each item (PC, TouchPad, Printer, etc) that connects to the WiFi Router may require different Router Settings. By updating WiFi Router's firmware version insures you will be able to connect newer items like the TouchPad.
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/20/2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPDX View Post
    . Glad Preware is up and running properly...

. Be sure and read as much as you can about side effects of pushing TP to 1.7 - one of which could be the WiFi not connecting properly...

. Today did see this interesting Post [TouchPad WiFi issues and Routers] which covers "WiFi Router Settings" which goes back to my statement of checking Router's firmware version. (Check Router Model # and Read up on Manufacture's firmware download page) Each item (PC, TouchPad, Printer, etc) that connects to the WiFi Router may require different Router Settings. By updating WiFi Router's firmware version insures you will be able to connect newer items like the TouchPad.
    Both of the Touchpads I own had problems with wifi before I OCed it.
    My router does not have any firmware updates. It was given to me by my internet provider for free when I signed up with them.
    It's a Siemens Gigaset SE567, they shipped it to my internet provider with nothing on it, and they put their own custom firmware on it.
    Would having 8-10 devices connected wirelessly have anything to do with it?
    Or should I try buying a new router and hook it up to the one they gave me and see if I have any more connection issues with the Touchpad.
    When I click the 'ok' button on the webos quick install, nothing happens. It does not recognize my touchpad. What am I doing wrong?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    When I click the 'ok' button on the webos quick install, nothing happens. It does not recognize my touchpad. What am I doing wrong?
    . Would you please hold your TouchPad as close as you can to the PC's screen so I can see and figure out what you did before clicking 'OK' button...

. Possibly edit your Post to include a bit more info... otherwise try the Steps in Post # 7 ...

Last edited by JCPDX; 08/28/2011 at 12:33 PM.
    I am new user. Your guid was awesome.
    JCPDX likes this.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchpadNewbie View Post
    Both of the Touchpads I own had problems with wifi before I OCed it...........
    My router does not have any firmware updates. It was given to me by my internet provider for free when I signed up with them. It's a Siemens Gigaset SE567.........
    Have you tried connecting TouchPads to another (Starbucks, etc) WiFi Router/source/location?
    To see if others are having the same Router issues as you with the Siemens Gigaset SE567
    take a look at these 2 Links: [ # 1 ] + [ # 2 ]. After you look over both Links contact your internet provider Tech Support. Ask them if there is an upgrade to a new Router or possibly assist you with updating firmware on the one you now have.
    If you decide to buy new Router, check/ask on the Forum, to see if there are any recommended Routers that work well with the TouchPad...
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/08/2011 at 10:07 PM.
  9.    #69  
    - FYI - If the 'Developer Mode Enabler' icon fails to appear after typing:. webos20090606

. Give this a try:

tap "Just Type..." in next window look in the upper left corner of TP and then again Click on this other 'Just Type' / Click on 'Preferences' then in next window for "items you would like to appear in Search Results" make sure 'Applications' is turned "ON" with a blue button. The Developer Mode icon should now appear after typing webos20090606 ...

........................... Has this helped you?... Just Click ."Thanks!" .button below..V
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/17/2011 at 03:32 PM.
    ........JC.........

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Great trick, just did it!

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    doesn't work for me i've tried this over and over again to no avail

i don't know what the **** to do...i tried the directions step by step and when i plug in the touchpad after opening the WOSQI jar file it still doesn't recognize it after i hit the ok button.

any ideas?

i've been trying since july 1st with the same damn predictable results
    Have you tried connecting TouchPads to another (Starbucks, etc) WiFi Router/source/location?
    To see if others are having the same Router issues as you with the Siemens Gigaset SE567
    take a look at these 2 Links: [ # 1 ] + [ # 2 ]. After you look over both Links contact your internet provider Tech Support. Ask them if there is an upgrade to a new Router or possibly assist you with updating firmware on the one you now have.
    If you decide to buy new Router, check/ask on the Forum, to see if there are any recommended Routers that work well with the TouchPad...
    Thanks for your help, I already clicked on most of the links that google came up with already haha. I will give my internet provider a call and see if there is a different router they can give me. If not, I will be back in the forum looking for advice on which router to buy.
    okay

ive tried everything now and cant get my touchpad to get recognised by webosquickinstall

running windows 7 64bit
    touchpad 32gb on 3.0.0

followed the instructions to the letter
    didnt make a password with developer mode just pressed submit
    ran webosquickinstall and installed drivers (didnt pay much attention to the cmd window)
    plugged in touchpad, drivers installed, palm novacom module driver installed fine in device manager
    wosQI doesnt detect touchpad at all!

tried restarting computer still the same
    tried uninstalling and reinstalling still the same

downloaded prewareinstaller and it said the novacom service isnt running, so i tried restarting it and it comes up with the cmd window with unable to start novacom

so i try to reinstall novacom using the universal novacom installer and it goes through everything, brings up a cmd window which says; controlservice failed, service removed

and then says installed correctly!

still doesnt work

tried uninstalling the novacom driver in device manager then using wOSQI to reinstall and it still doesnt work

tried the "easier method" here and that didnt work

was using my nokia cable and thought that was the problem so took out the orig cable and that made no difference

now what lol!?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: LOL nvm i didnt read the first line where it says ive gotta be on 3.0.2 DOH
    Last edited by yus786; 08/25/2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi - I am getting a hang on install...when it brings up the window that says "downloading novacom drivers", it just sits there, it looks like there's a progress bar with three dots in the middle of it, but it never makes any progress...this is on winxp sp3. I've never installed this before now and never attached the touchpad to this pc yet.

help?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro80 View Post
    i tried the directions step by step and when i plug in the touchpad after opening the WOSQI jar file it still doesn't recognize it after i hit the ok button. any ideas?
    What OS are you running on your PC... Win or Mac?
    Any AntiVirus/Firewall programs running?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by HTRon View Post
    Hi - I am getting a hang on install...when it brings up the window that says "downloading novacom drivers", it just sits there, it looks like there's a progress bar with three dots in the middle of it, but it never makes any progress...this is on winxp sp3.
    I've never installed this before now and never attached the touchpad to this pc yet.
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/26/2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i am running windows 7

i have turned off my firewall after reading others having a problem.
    i tried it again and still same problem.

i recently did a full erase of my tp and reinstalled everything last night. this afternoon i am going to try again from the beginning of the directions (except for the password thing cause i don't have a password)

I'll let you know how it goes

thanks
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    yeah, this is a work pc, so there's OfficeScan av, and a corporate firewall of some sort...I can't disable either one - so I guess the answer is try this at home then?
    - Disconnect the TouchPad from the PC. "Shut Down" TouchPad, restart, and redo step # 2
    - On the PC instead of "OK" Click on "Reinstall Novacom". After it re-installs Click "Cancel" exit out and reboot PC. After reboot redo step # 3.
    - On the unattached TouchPad redo step # 4 ** make sure Developer Mode is "ON" (w/blue button showing)
    - Now retry Step # 5
    It would also help to know what OS / Version - Win7, Vista, Mac ? your are running on PC ...

Got the same error on Win 7 64 bit, these directions fixed it. Thanks much.

Got preware on the touchpad and so far have installed adblock and the "lite" volume increaser.

Anyone have must-get recommendations?
    JCPDX likes this.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmm View Post
    Got the same error on Win 7 64 bit, these directions fixed it. Thanks much.
    Got preware on the touchpad and so far have installed adblock and the "lite" volume increaser. Anyone have must-get recommendations?
    . I am glad you took the time to read through all the Posts in this Thread to find a solution...

. Too many times the norm is 'hit Thread', 'look over bold stuff', and 'go' with the least possible amount of reading...
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/30/2011 at 01:53 AM.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast