Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 153
Like Tree42Likes
  1. #41  
    I'm one of the folks who picked one up (32GB) at the fire sale price this morning.

    I followed the steps in this thread to install Preware (which went flawlessly) and then loaded with the ad-blocker patch and the patch to remove the download throttle. WOW, what a difference! I guess the 64k throttle was there to prevent overstressing cellular-based data services.

    Question - if I turn off developer mode, does it break anything? Will the changes I made "stick"?

    Just a thanks to everyone here for a great day 1 with a touchpad.

    Ken
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhoover View Post
    Question - if I turn off developer mode, does it break anything? Will the changes I made "stick"?
    No and Yes...

    1. You can turn it off and 'No' you will not break anything
    2. 'Yes' all your changes will stick...
    .
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/25/2011 at 11:35 AM.
  3. gabailey1's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #43  
    ***EDIT***

    Disregard! I didn't do a *FULL ERASE*! That fixed all my issues! Preware installed and I am one happy camper! Thanks for this guide!!!


    I am also having issues installing this on a PC running Vista. My WebOS Quick Installer seems to get hung up. I reinstalled the Nova drivers and reset the dev password etc etc and then when I plug it in and press okay, it brings me to the window with the globe. However I don't think its properly detecting my device as the device tab in the top right shows nothing. Also pressing the globe does nothing.

    Any thoughts? What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by gabailey1; 08/21/2011 at 09:05 PM.
    JCPDX likes this.
  4. #44  
    I have 2 new touchpads and when I followed the steps for adding Preware the 2nd unit, I forgot the update. Am I screwed? What is the path back?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus219 View Post
    I have 2 new touchpads and when I followed the steps for adding Preware the 2nd unit, I forgot the update. Am I screwed? What is the path back?
    . You will be fine...no foul charged... and you also missed exact info needed in Post #3 of this Thread which contains advice about OTA updates with Preware/patches/etc... Take a look at the complete post.

    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Here is another thread about homebrow on the Touchpad with advice from some of the homebrew wizards:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3044291
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/27/2011 at 02:44 AM.
  6. #46  
    In step 2 after clicking on the WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar file, it opened up Nokia Ovi Suite I had previously installed on my XP laptop for my Nokia phone, and an alert box "Device not connected. Nokia Ovi Suite did not recognize any Nokia devices connected to the computer"
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    In step 2 after clicking on the WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.3.jar file, it opened up Nokia Ovi Suite I had previously installed on my XP laptop for my Nokia phone, and an alert box "Device not connected. Nokia Ovi Suite did not recognize any Nokia devices connected to the computer"
    Used add/remove control panel to uninstall Ovi Suite, Nokia driver and updater and rebooted. Could not open jar file by clicking and cmd prompt method return invalid corrupted file, so I just deleted and downloaded WebOSQuickInstall file again. From there other steps went smoothly. Thanks!
    JCPDX likes this.
  8. #48  
    **EDIT** The install was smooth and quick! Does anyone know if there is an ereader app out there for preware? I saw the pReader beta but with all the advisory of it being unstable, I'd rather not risk the headache.
    Last edited by diamond_jigsaw; 08/22/2011 at 12:00 PM.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    JCPDX--on Step 4, when I connect the USB, my options are "Connect" & "Close" vs Cancel. Not a big deal, as I left that part open, but when I went to my computer to hit OK where it said "there ware no devices currently connected...", that screen would continue to come up when I hit ok and not find the TouchPad.

    What it amounts to for me, I get through step 4, but when I try to do step 5, it still says no device is connected, not giving me access to Preware.

    Good, simple instructions, but I still need help!
    Same problem here ...
    Windows XP here ...
    HP TouchPad 32 Gb here ...
  10. #50  
    Hey followed the directions & with a little hiccup (for some reason NovaComd had stopped?) Preware is now now on my HP TP - Thx! You guys are great.
  11. #51  
    Perhaps I spoke too soon....Yes, I see Preware on my TP. Yes it comes up (version 1.5.0) when I run it (does everyone elses look like it's a Plam Pre in the middle of the screen?). I see Available Packages (492) BUT when I go to install one, EOM Overlord Monitoring for example, it just looks like it is Downloading/Installing forever. It says Transferrred 7328/7328, Time left --:--:-- so I assume it downloaded it but nothing futher ever happens & the only way out is to swipe the card away.

    I'm running webOS v 3.0
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbart19 View Post
    Yes, I see Preware on my TP. Yes it comes up (version 1.5.0) when I run it (does everyone elses look like it's a Plam Pre in the middle of the screen?).
    I'm running webOS v 3.0
    You should have the following versions installed AND running:

    Update TP with new OTA webOS 3.0.2. 68
    WebOSQuickInstall v4.2.3
    Use Preware ver 1.7.x

    . ...and yes that is a Palm Pre in middle of screen. Original WOSQI Program was version tweaked for use by the TouchPad...
    .
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/10/2011 at 02:23 AM.
  13. #53  
    I am getting a bit frustrated haha.
    I get through all the steps until I have to click the globe after I connect my Touchpad
    75% of the time after it finishes, nothing shows up in the applications tab, nothing except the themes tab.
    25% of the time the applications pop up, I type in Preware and it shows up. I click install, a couple seconds later a message pops up saying ERROR: Unable to download org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.3_arm.ipk

    I have tried reinstalling Novacom, I erased all my data even though I did not make a password in Developer Mode, nothing worked.

    Can anyone help me with my problem?
    Thanks

    Oh and I am on webOS 3.0.2, my laptop is running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchpadNewbie View Post
    I am getting a bit frustrated haha.
    I get through all the steps until I have to click the globe after I connect my Touchpad 75% of the time after it finishes, nothing shows up in the applications tab, nothing except the themes tab.
    25% of the time the applications pop up, I type in Preware and it shows up. I click install, a couple seconds later a message pops up saying ERROR: Unable to download org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.3_arm.ipk
    .Could possibly be Server feeds overload haha
    It almost sounds like a WiFi connection issue...
    Does your WiFi router have the latest firmware update?
    Edit: Also check your Anti-Virus-Spyware / Firewall settings
    Edit: 1st thing I did was test WOSQI on my end before posting you... with Win7 it is usually a slam dunk install!! Let me think for a bit... possibly someone who has been in same situation will add to the Post...
    E: 1st time seeing the 'ERROR: unable to download... preware _1.7.3_arm.ipk' this seems to be a WOSQI issue on your configured Win7 PC and would advice checking through the Links contained in Post #3 of this Thread. If you have another PC available try the install on it...
    .
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/25/2011 at 11:36 AM.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPDX View Post
    .Could possibly be Server feeds overload haha
    It almost sounds like a WiFi connection issue...
    Does your WiFi router have the latest firmware update?
    What do you mean if it has the latest firmware update?
    I'm in Canada and I'm using the router my internet provider gave me.
    I can connect to the internet with my Touchpad, browse the web, go on the app catalog etc.
    My laptop is connected to my router's wifi as well.
    I have never had a problem with downloading anything before, I tried reseting the router, turning it on and off right now, still not working.

    Edit: Just tried disabling my anti-virus settings and tried downloading again, it still isn't working. Can you try and download something using WOSQI and see if it works for you?
    Last edited by TouchpadNewbie; 08/22/2011 at 04:26 PM.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeitGeist View Post
    Same problem here ...
    Windows XP here ...
    HP TouchPad 32 Gb here ...
    How long does it take for WOSQI to install? Mine's been installing for a good 30-40 minutes now.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by vonhaasl View Post
    How long does it take for WOSQI to install? Mine's been installing for a good 30-40 minutes now.
    And if something is amiss with the install, how do I stop it?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by vonhaasl View Post
    How long does it take for WOSQI to install? Mine's been installing for a good 30-40 minutes now.
    in XP, etc installs in about 30 seconds on a slow PC...

    Quote Originally Posted by vonhaasl View Post
    And if something is amiss with the install, how do I stop it?
    Use Task Manager to end process...
    .
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/25/2011 at 11:37 AM.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeitGeist View Post
    Same problem here ...
    Windows XP here ...
    HP TouchPad 32 Gb here ...
    Did you happen to do any of the suggested steps in that post? there ...
    .
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/25/2011 at 11:37 AM.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCPDX View Post
    in XP, etc installs in about 30 seconds on a slow PC...



    Use Task Manager to end process...
    Closed it as you suggested via Task Manager. Turns out, PreWare is now installed. Not sure why the install window never closed on it's own. Thanks!
    JCPDX likes this.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions