Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
    The new publically available SDK-PDK for Mac installs the necessary drivers now on Lion.

Get it at https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html.
  2.    #22  
    - FYI - Mac / OS Lion / Preware Install... [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by stuarty View Post
    The new publically available SDK-PDK for Mac installs the necessary drivers now on Lion.

Get it at https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html.
    Thanks for the heads up on Mac/WOSQI/Preware solution and really appreciate you providing the Link...

........................... Has this helped you?... Just Click ."Thanks!" .button below..V
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/08/2011 at 10:09 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by khe05 View Post
    installed preware, but it seems that it doesn´t differentiate touchpad and pre.
    so i get offered a lot, but all is for the pre, nothing for the tp.
    is there a way to get the stuff seperated?
    On this we are kind of between 'catch22' and 'the ant hill being kicked'... The TouchPad just recently became available to Homebrew developers, the existing feeds of pre apps, patches, etc needed to be tweaked and tested for use on TP , and then they get hit with an OTA update. Once the dust settles they will probably address getting it separated out. Reading Threads in this forum - webOS development - PreCentral Forums may also provide some answers.

Last edited by JCPDX; 08/25/2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Ok, I'm looking for some help.

I went through the steps provided in the initial post with one deviation- when going to Dev mode, I couldn't resist establishing a password. Is this the stumbling block?

As I go through the process, WebOS Quick Install does not recognize the Touchpad. I test fired it with my Sprint Pre and it works fine with the Pre. Is this the source of my problem.

Any / all recommendations are welcome!

Thanks ahead of time.
    Bump; any help out there on how I can have my laptop / WebOS Quick Installer recognize my HP TP?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem, my laptop won't recognize the TP, it keeps telling me no device connected, I'vee restarted both the TP and the LT.. I'm running windows 7.

when I connect the TP to my LT it gives me 2 options usb or close, it tells me to use the adaptor to charge the device
    Last edited by wh473v3r; 08/12/2011 at 10:18 PM.
    I attempted to run WebOS quick installer on a desktop Win XP.

Again, no luck. I'll try restarting both again and retry both on the Win7 laptop and WinXP.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by outcast View Post
    Ok, I'm looking for some help.
    I went through the steps provided in the initial post with one deviation- when going to Dev mode,
    I couldn't resist establishing a password. Is this the stumbling block?
    Yup, this is a major stumbling block so best advice is - Do Not Setup - a 'Developer Mode' password on the TouchPad...

Also went into a looping mode w/novacom install same as you on my Win7 PC until I did these - 2 steps - on PC did an uninstall of 'Novacom' AND removed the 'Developer Mode' password on TouchPad. For more details on how to do the 2 steps follow these initial instructions [ If you have already intentionally or in error setup the TouchPad's "Developer Mode" password and are having install issues.... provided in this Thread's post #1 [Click Here]
    Then continue with steps #1 thru #5 to complete installation.

........................... Has this helped you?... Just Click ."Thanks!" .button below..V
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/20/2011 at 01:16 PM.
    JC,

I gave it another try.

Uninstalled 'Novacomd' on my LT and removed the 'Dev Mode' password on my TP and... same result, every time I think I'm closer, it doesn't pan out.

Any other suggestions?
    SUCCESS!

I'm a rock when it comes to doing this sorta stuff, but I ain't scared to try at least.

I really appreciate everyone's help!
    JCPDX likes this.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Thanks all. Once I got the new drivers for Lion, I had no problem getting preware. Appreciate the effort.
    JCPDX likes this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm still haing issues I have tried everything listed, and it still tells me that there is no device connected
    For what it's worth, try turning off your firewall. That seemed to do the trick for me, but again, I'm far from the expert... just saying...
    JCPDX likes this.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by wh473v3r View Post
    when I connect the TP to my LT it gives me 2 options usb or close, it tells me to use the adaptor to charge the device
    The TouchPad does not have a "just charge" choice to Click on but if you just leave it up without Clicking on USB or Cancel this has always worked for me. You can check this out on Step #4 in this Thread's initial post #1 [Click Here]
    Quote Originally Posted by wh473v3r View Post
    I'm still haing issues I have tried everything listed, and it still tells me that there is no device connected
    Quote Originally Posted by outcast View Post
    For what it's worth, try turning off your firewall. That seemed to do the trick for me, but again, I'm far from the expert... just saying...
    I agree with Outcast (a smart rock ) on turning off any firewall settings.
    wh473v3r - Would you share more of what steps in the install process are working on Win7 PC and also on the TouchPad at this time...
    Last edited by JCPDX; 09/20/2011 at 01:18 PM.
    newbie here. I downloaded the .jar file, but when i double-click it just opens the zip application. why won't it install?

Update. I have latest Java installed. Now I get error message that "Could not find the main class:....."
    Last edited by gameyer070; 08/14/2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: update information
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by gameyer070 View Post
    newbie here. I downloaded the .jar file, but when i double-click it just opens the zip application. why won't it install?
    Update. I have latest Java installed.

Now I get error message that "Could not find the main class:....."
    Try looking at the Java console [in control panel] and see if there is more than one version installed. Click on Java Tab / Runtime Environment Settings / View... button section of the console. Need to cleanup with an uninstall any older than 1.6 Java versions that are still running. Also, some have done a successful install by running Java from the command (cmd) line by typing "java -jar C:\Folder's name where webOSQuickInstall is in\webosquickinstall 4.2.3.jar"
    Give that a try and always "REBOOT" after any installs/uninstalls on the PC or TouchPad...
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/24/2011 at 10:40 AM.
  17.    #37  
    - FYI - Preware Package Not found under "Applications" Tab / Uninstalling Preware

In WOSQI - If at any time Preware has been installed on TouchPad - under "Applications" Tab
    the Preware app Package will no longer be available until it is uninstalled on the TouchPad...

Use WOSQI - To uninstall Preware or any other User-Installed Content from the TouchPad -
    With TouchPad connected to PC try using WOSQI by Clicking on "Tools" / "Device Management"
    wait for items to load on screen, choose your item(s), and Click "Uninstall" button...
    [Make sure Developer Mode is "ON" (w/blue button showing) + Do Not Click on either USB or Cancel.]

Note: If at any time an item does not uninstall properly - try again to reinstall then redo the uninstall... and be sure to "REBOOT" after any installs/uninstalls on the PC or TouchPad...

Last edited by JCPDX; 09/17/2011 at 03:33 PM.
    ........JC.........

I have tried and tried to install preware and it does not recognize my Touchpad. I did do a password, but I was able to get into the Dev Stage with it. I have install Webos Quick Install and Novacom. I uninstalled and reinstalled Novacom. If I do a reset I lose alot of apps and documents, is there a way around this. I hope so. I would really like to use Preware. Please help. Please email me a solutions you might have to snickadoodle@optonline.net Thanks for everyones help.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by snickadoodle View Post
    I have tried and tried to install preware and it does not recognize my Touchpad. I did do a password, but I was able to get into the Dev Stage with it. I have install Webos Quick Install and Novacom. I uninstalled and reinstalled Novacom.
    If I do a reset I lose alot of apps and documents, is there a way around this. I hope so.
    . My install w/novacom also went into a looping mode until the 'Developer Mode' password was removed.
    ... I was able to assist someone who was also in the same situation as you with a loaded TouchPad...
    ..For a solution read through this entire thread: [Preware install on 2nd Touchpad]

Last edited by JCPDX; 09/08/2011 at 10:11 PM.
    Thank you!! The steps are about as easy as they can possibly be. I am one of those who only have this tablet because of the firesale and am reading up on the popular terms like WebOS Internalz, Preware, etc. and found this VERY helpful!
    JCPDX likes this.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast