Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By sorli
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  • 2 Post By rlopin
  • 2 Post By jcerwinske
  1.    #1  
    You can buy this printer right now. IIRC the tablet has a basic version of android on it.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have one of those touchsmart printers and the zeen (the tablet thing) runs android. I bought it a while ago so, unless they changed it (which would have had an announcement), it's probably the same thing.

and the zeen is junky - a pointless tablet with horrible reaction to the touch
    I wasn't impressed with them either and wow those Android tablets were heavy. Actually, packaging a 7" TouchPad with a highend Touchsmart printer is a fantastic idea and hopefully HP is thinking this way.

Can you imagine how many people would love and buy a smaller webOS tablet if it came with their $400 or $500 printer. People already pay $300 for these printers and the addition of webOS would be a clear BONUS!

I'd buy one in a heartbeat and is the direction all highend HP printers should be heading. Sorli...
    rlopin likes this.
    Hummm... Hey! An interesting idea: use the printer as a Touchstone Number 3? Greeeeat!!!!

Day's Mantra: "I want a PrintStone! I want a PrintStone! I want a PrintStone! I want a PrintStone!"

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    timjhenry likes this.
    interesting fact about it tho....it uses the barnes and noble book store

hmmmmm
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crakeur View Post
    I have one of those touchsmart printers and the zeen (the tablet thing) runs android. I bought it a while ago so, unless they changed it (which would have had an announcement), it's probably the same thing.

and the zeen is junky - a pointless tablet with horrible reaction to the touch
    Junky is putting it mildly ... It's seriously one of the biggest piles of crap I've ever used ...
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I wasn't impressed with them either and wow those Android tablets were heavy. Actually, packaging a 7" TouchPad with a highend Touchsmart printer is a fantastic idea and hopefully HP is thinking this way.

Can you imagine how many people would love and buy a smaller webOS tablet if it came with their $400 or $500 printer. People already pay $300 for these printers and the addition of webOS would be a clear BONUS!

I'd buy one in a heartbeat and is the direction all highend HP printers should be heading. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hummm... Hey! An interesting idea: use the printer as a Touchstone Number 3? Greeeeat!!!!

Day's Mantra: "I want a PrintStone! I want a PrintStone! I want a PrintStone! I want a PrintStone!"

Best Regards...
    Guys, both of your ideas are great, and even better when combined:
    7" TouchPad bundled with all-in-one printer, with the printer dock acting as a Touchstone charger, all at a nice discount.

Here is another thought: Printers also often have all types of card readers built in. Stick in a card while TouchPad is docked and have it copied to TouchPad via BlueTooth -and/or- uploaded to one of the photo accounts that are part of Synergy (e.g., snapfish, photobucket, facebook), using the tablet as the interface to pick which service to use, and which photos to upload.

I never thought I would be excited about a printer again!
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    sorli and Rnp like this.
    HP should make a flat touchscreen monitor that runs WebOS natively, and just draws each display input signal to a card. They should make a Asus transformer style laptop that includes Win7 running on "laptop" portion, and WebOS on the removable tablet display. Use cloud services to sync data between Win7 and WebOS lands. They should also hire me
    sorli and Rnp like this.