Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree54Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    The quality of Touchpad far surpasses that of Pre. There's no Oreo.
    How can there be? Is it even possible?

I like Oreos
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post

I like Oreos
    i kind of think he's being sarcastic lol but who knows around here anymore ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i just have to comment on the fact that there was a reference to "precious" and the very next post was made by gihmley. I just love lord of the rings
    I got backlight bleed, but no more than the average LCD. ....And squeezing? Really?
    If you buy a $499, 47" LCD TV special, do you expect perfection? Now go buy a $5000, 47" TV and by all means, expect perfection. Does everyone understand the dichotomy here? Good grief. You people are the same that complain to Chevy why their cars don't have the same build tolerances and quality of Lexus.

HP and every other manufacturer chose the low end of displays/manufacturing to minimize costs. Low costs, low quality. Is that so hard to understand?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm on my 5th Touchpad. This is bull. It keeps getting dust on it. I paid 600 bucks for this thing and I can't keep the dust off. I think HP purposely built the TP to attract dust.

ET
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    yes... mine with the samsung lcd doesnt have it. the other with the lg lcd does have it. but you have to be in a totally dark room to see it.
    do you know if apple started with lg and then went with samsung? Apparently the TP has the same lg lcd as the ipad which would explain why they share a defect. Maybe HP will switch lcd manufacturers and minimize this issue.

I guess a more important thing to look at would be if samsung consistently has less backlight bleed than lg. You have one example but are there others?

another question would be, are the samsung lcds much more expensive than the lg lcds.
    well, apple is selling millions of ipads so i imagine they need to get multiple sources and will continue to do so... they had a problem keeping up with demand. they could have more than two sources by now.

not sure who they started with or if they started with two from the start because again of supply issue. it will always comes down to who can provide the lcd with the specs they need at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    do you know if apple started with lg and then went with samsung? Apparently the TP has the same lg lcd as the ipad which would explain why they share a defect. Maybe HP will switch lcd manufacturers and minimize this issue.

I guess a more important thing to look at would be if samsung consistently has less backlight bleed than lg. You have one example but are there others?

another question would be, are the samsung lcds much more expensive than the lg lcds.
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post

I like Oreos
    Maybe the virtual keyboard hinges will eventually wear out to cause a similar effect?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Are the LCD displays manufactured in Japan for Samsung like their TV's? I thought Samsung was one of the manufacturers that got hit pretty hard and was still operating at less than full production.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I deal with quite a lot of electronic parts and assemblies from China (working with a Fortune 10 company as a test engineer) and there is a big difference between precision metal working machinery (which has gotten quite comparatively cheap these days) and hand assembled electronic assemblies. The Chinese are also well known for remarked parts. Look at all the toys and electronics that come out of China and 99% is cheap c**p. Every piece (literally) of consumer electronics that I have, that is made in China, has some cosmetic defect/s. Most are so minor that you don't notice unless you really look hard, but they are there. Most manufacturers that need a quality product, like Apple, put their Chinese made stuff through tons of QC, and yet stuff still gets through.

It is what it is.
    Theyre people. They can make high quality work, or low quality work. it is not enough for HP or anyone to say "oh its just chinese quality." The HP logo goes on the device and it is their responsibility to make sure the qc/qa is up to their standards.
  12.    #72  
    Hi guys,

OP here.

After some careful comparison and a bit of head clearing I've decided to keep my Touchpad, yes, the third one with the "uneven bezel" and "backlight bleed" to be exact. And by uneven bezel I mean my Touchpad's rounded corners aren't silky smooth perfection where the display and bezel meet. Yes, very stupid I admit and I wonder if anyone else has even noticed this one yet. And as for the backlight bleed, well, it is negligible, but there if I look hard enough. I would challenge anyone however to stare at a black screen on their TP for five minutes and tell me they don't see even a smidgen of backlight bleed. I even bought a TP from Best Buy yesterday only to return it today after realizing that it, too, has some. That's three from Amazon and one from Best Buy, none absolutely perfect. So upon realizing that perfection just probably doesn't exist here, I simply picked a favorite.

I realized that to a normal person these "issues" are completely phantom. Even to a neurotic OCD type like myself (I exaggerate.. kind of), they are hardly existent. I realize that if you look hard and long enough for things that are wrong, you will eventually find them. And I'm reasonably certain that if you handed me 100 Ipad 2's I'd be able to find some minute defect in all 100 of them.

I sent back the first two Touchpads to Amazon today and cancelled my return request for the third. I feel I can finally start to enjoy this device. So far tonight I installed the Scrolling Smoothness patch and the Glass Effect Suite and my Touchpad couldn't be any more amazing (at least until the OTA hits).

My apologies for wasting anyone's time in this thread.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234