Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    guys, my hdtv has a godawful crap gui for changing the settings

what gives? I paid $1400 for this piece of crap, and they put a blue background w/ crappy white blocky text ***

and I just noticed today my car that ive had for two years has carpets that move around if you wear construction boots and are mean to the floor. I paid almost $18000 for this car, it should be perfect w no defects *** *** ***

ive gone through 6 cars and they all had the same problem ='(
    Yes and the Blue-Ray player I got with network settings for Amazon, Netflix and Vudu (?? what kind of name is that) has a horrible gui, very slow with poor menus.
    I'd rather use the TouchPad.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    It's an LED screen. A bit of bleed is part and parcel. At least, that's what I was told when I got my flat-panel TV, and part of why I got a plasma screen.

There are some legitimate questions about the TP, but this isn't one, so far as I can tell.
  3.    #43  
    i'm very tempted to send the third one back now. for close to $600 its just not acceptable. i will take the refund and try Best Buy out. its very possible all the units that got shipped to Amazon were from the same batch therefore subject to the same issues. and i honestly dont think that sounds crazy at all, due to some folks saying they've gotten no backlight bleed.
    i would agree with Cantaffordit where if it's only on boot and in the darkest of situations, then i would probably consider it a norm or 'within tolerance' type of issue.

i'm not sure what apples current policy is but i do know they had it because they used two different sources... lg and samsung and i have two ipad2 with one of each of those screens.

if i didnt read about it, i wouldnt have noticed it. for that reason i left it alone and my daughter hasnt mentioned any issues with it. if it is noticeable under normal use, then i would exchange it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i'm very tempted to send the third one back now. for close to $600 its just not acceptable. i will take the refund and try Best Buy out. its very possible all the units that got shipped to Amazon were from the same batch therefore subject to the same issues. and i honestly dont think that sounds crazy at all, due to some folks saying they've gotten no backlight bleed.
  5.    #45  
    ^ does one have it and the other doesn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    under 18k doesnt get you much as far as new cars go... toyota corolla? chevy aveo? hyundai elantra?

sometimes the saying runs true... you get what you pay for
    I'm paying $18,000 how much more can I pay thats like 1000 touchpads man wtffffff

18 g's is like a lot of hard work. $600 is still a lot but its pocket change compared to cars, and its not a lot when compared to top of the line computers. if you want perfect hand made quality control touchpad, you would have to pay $2000 +, otherwide A. do your research b4 you buy and B. dont complain when you are early adopter i.e buying first model of ANYTHING when it comes out
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

The quality of Touchpad far surpasses that of Pre. There's no Oreo.
    Cantaffordit and fxspec06 like this.
    yes... mine with the samsung lcd doesnt have it. the other with the lg lcd does have it. but you have to be in a totally dark room to see it.

^ does one have it and the other doesn't?
    uh... using the Pre as your comparison?

can we raise the bar a little higher please?

Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    The quality of Touchpad far surpasses that of Pre. There's no Oreo.
    It amazes me that anyone here thinks that anything from China is going to have great build quality all around. Ain't happening. There is some level of slop or defects on pretty much everything sent out from there. The best you can do is minimize it and make the defects hardly noticeable. Now, that's no excuse for the cracks around the speakers, but light bleed is very difficult to eliminate on LCD panels.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    i wish i had one to complain about
    circadia and fxspec06 like this.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    It amazes me that anyone here thinks that anything from China is going to have great build quality all around. Ain't happening. There is some level of slop or defects on pretty much everything sent out from there. The best you can do is minimize it and make the defects hardly noticeable. Now, that's no excuse for the cracks around the speakers, but light bleed is very difficult to eliminate on LCD panels.
    Disagree. We recently had quite a bit of machine work done in china for super cheap at work. Quality was fantastic, price was filthy cheap.

There is no excuse for poor QC/QA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no one is denying that it happens. As I said earlier, it's just not an issue any more than what the refrigerator light does when the door is closed. Wow.
    So I have this $2000 fridge (really I do), and we have a friend that likes to come over and open the fridge to look at the damn blueish LED lighting in it (she's jealous). Why couldn't the manufacturer have made the long lasting, low energy using LED lighting looks like normal refrigerator lights so she wouldn't do this???

BTW, the light also fades in (and I am guessing fades out, I'm too big to climb inside and close the doors), it's not just instant on when the door is open. This ****ed me off more than the first thing.

Okay now back to the touchpad, I am really ****ed because I left my touchpad at home this morning, and can't squeeze the corner/and the back/and the edge/and pick at the speaker port/drop it in it's HP case to see if I can manage to find something wrong with it.

Ohhh IDEA I've got my Veer that hasn't really given me any problems, I am going to start twisting it back and forth looking for oreo, if that doesn't work, I'm gonna throw my touchstone in the river and complain about not having a way to charge it because the special cable is at home.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by eallan View Post
    Disagree. We recently had quite a bit of machine work done in china for super cheap at work. Quality was fantastic, price was filthy cheap.

Mass produced machine work vs hand assembled electronics is kinda apples and oranges, just saying.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    well after reading this thread, I checked my Touchpad and didn't see ANY light bleeds. I know how they look like since most of the Pres do have them at varying degrees. Didn't do the squeezing of corners or bezel though - why would I do that? I handle my electronics like fine china. I'm quite happy with the build on mine. I do have a small scratch (or is it a crack) on the case at the speaker. It is cosmetic so I'm not complaining. Got mine from BB at soft launch.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Cantaffordit and hparsons like this.
    Hipsters gonna hipst, haters gonna hate.

I've noticed this a very tiny bit during boot. Never while in use. Its just the state of the technology. I even compared it to my friends ipad 2, his was a bit worse. Every individual unit has it to some degree.
    I'd say do it. I've had one from Costco and one directly from HP and have not seen any of the build quality issues in either of them that some others have reported. No bleeds and no fragility with the case nor loose setting of the screen.

I deal with quite a lot of electronic parts and assemblies from China (working with a Fortune 10 company as a test engineer) and there is a big difference between precision metal working machinery (which has gotten quite comparatively cheap these days) and hand assembled electronic assemblies. The Chinese are also well known for remarked parts. Look at all the toys and electronics that come out of China and 99% is cheap c**p. Every piece (literally) of consumer electronics that I have, that is made in China, has some cosmetic defect/s. Most are so minor that you don't notice unless you really look hard, but they are there. Most manufacturers that need a quality product, like Apple, put their Chinese made stuff through tons of QC, and yet stuff still gets through.

It is what it is.
    QFT. And "everyone else is doing it" isn't an excuse either, just ask your mom.

Seems to me some people just don't want to hear any criticisms of their "precious."
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Just got my 32gb Touchpad yesterday afternoon; no bleed, on damage, build quality is excellent. Love it - looking forward to the update, but I've already found Touchpad ready apps that replace everything I was doing on my iPad, which went to Craigslist earlier in the week.

If HP stays behind this (and I feel they most certainly will), this is going to be the multitasking tablet to beat.
    hparsons likes this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast