Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I stopped hunting for light bleed defects and mm-level panel flex when I noticed these defects on my iPhone, the market leader, back in the day. "If you squeeze the corner during bootup..." Really? Come on. You need a precision-engineered hand-made tablet, it seems.
    I only recommended to squeeze the screen for those in complete denial of the (admittedly not huge) issue. But if you boot up your touchpad and pay close attention to the edges I can all but guarantee you will see some light bleed, even without squeezing it.
    show me a perfect product. Has never had one return or issue to date. Some folks in these post state ..."if you pay $500+ for a product then it better be perfect". This "perfect" state is really subjective and I know my standards are different then the OPs as I could careless to actually watch the device boot. I mean come on...
  3.    #23  
    The issue is also noticeable on any screen that shows black in the top left hand corner during portrait. For example watching a trailer in the HP movie store I see a good amount of clouding seeping from the bezel (bottom left when held in landscape). This is an obvious design flaw.
    Remember these products including tablets like the iPad, Galaxy Tab, etc. are made in factories that produces 100s upon 100's in a short amount of time. There WILL be products that have small hardware defects and these factories all do usually have quality inspectors inspecting products but only for major hardware defects. Small things like light seepage, etc. unless VERY bad are not taken off the line and sometimes even those slip through the cracks.

Never expect a perfect product even if it is $600 unless its made with precision hand crafted perfectly for individual to individual basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    This is an obvious design flaw.
    I have the same backlight bleeding/edge bleeding as mentioned in my previous post, it's very faint. Every IPS screen in tablets have some it seems, more some than others but it's there nevertheless.

Backlight bleeding - Page 167 - MacRumors Forums
    The issue is also noticeable on any screen that shows black in the top left hand corner during portrait. For example watching a trailer in the HP movie store I see a good amount of clouding seeping from the bezel (bottom left when held in landscape). This is an obvious design flaw.
    HEADLINE: "Number one PC maker whose tablets are made in China has screen issues the same as the number one tablet maker whos devices are also made in China." NEWS AT 11.

Backlight bleeding - MacRumors Forums

https://discussions.apple.com/message/13204834#13204834

If Your iPad 2 Has Display Problems, DO NOT Return It. Here’s Why | Cult of Mac

So you are either saying both devices are crappy, OR that the TPad is as good quality wise as the 'holy' iPad2. Either way we win.
    Cyberiian likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Do a google search for
    "Xoom backlight bleed"
    "Transformer backlight bleed"
    "iPad backlight bleed"

You'll see that nearly ALL tablets have some backlight bleed. Mostly you will only see it in a dark room, when the screen is black

In normal use, its unnoticeable.

However, on my ASUS Transformer, I had one tiny bleed spot. I exchanged it for a unit with a much worse bleed, but paradoxically, less noticable, because it wasn't localised to a specific area.

Really, guys. If you don't see a problem in normal use, or you only see the problem when you squeeze the screen, it's not a problem at all.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    From my experience, some devices can bleed more and some less light, so it's not enough just to say they all are bleeding. It's like saying it's raining everywhere, but its not same amount of rain in Sahara and London. So, when you brought other devices in this thread, can anyone compare amount of bleeding on ipad, xoom, touchpad and transformer?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    From my experience, some devices can bleed more and some less light, so it's not enough just to say they all are bleeding. It's like saying it's raining everywhere, but its not same amount of rain in Sahara and London. So, when you brought other devices in this thread, can anyone compare amount of bleeding on ipad, xoom, touchpad and transformer?
    Excellent suggestion. Do the tablet display screen reviewers mention this issue?
    I only recommended to squeeze the screen for those in complete denial of the (admittedly not huge) issue. But if you boot up your touchpad and pay close attention to the edges I can all but guarantee you will see some light bleed, even without squeezing it.
    no one is denying that it happens. As I said earlier, it's just not an issue any more than what the refrigerator light does when the door is closed. Wow.
    Well, for people that say that every touchpad has this issue. I originally had a 32g and it didn't have the issue. I downgraded for cost reasons and I have tried to replicate the issue on all corners and I just can't seem to.

So I think that even though it may seem like all devices have it, I just think there are a bunch out there with the issue. I did notice that the glass seems to be unlevel in differnent locations on both devices, but it hasnt caused it to bleed

I guess I have been lucky too though
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no one is denying that it happens. As I said earlier, it's just not an issue any more than what the refrigerator light does when the door is closed. Wow.
    It's an issue for some.

When I had an iPad 1 it had a backlight bleeding issue (it was very small, but still there nonetheless) that was noticeable when the screen was black. It was very irritating when using the device in a dark area whilst watching a movie that's in letterbox, for example.

It was quickly replaced. I put a backlight bleed on the same level as a dead pixel. If I find even one dead pixel, it drives me nuts and must be fixed.
    but the issue is on the boot screen.... Which serves no purpose. Hopefully hp will just change the boot screen to a white background!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I had a noticeable light bleed when I first got my TouchPad. Now that I've had it for a month, I can't find it anymore. Either I've gotten so used to it I've blocked it out of my sight, or it's diminished.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    What are you talking about? If I buy a tablet, I expect it to be perfect with no bleeding or other crap described into OP. Not everyone has your low standards.
    What are YOU talking about? What device has a perfect screen with no defects? I've heard people <<mod delete>> about the ipad screen as well. We live in a world run by corporations whose sole purpose is to make money, and to that end they must create and move product as cheaply as possible. Things happen, corners get cut, things don't quite line up right and it isn't cheap or practical to check every device to meet the high demands of the "pampered electronics collector." You want a perfect device? Go live on the star trek earth or some such other place where quality is preferred over quantity and profit. Perhaps Captain Picard will let you borrow his tablet and you can <<mod delete>> about that one.

Compromises have to be made when dealing with corporations may they be material or in principle. I've seen the black light bleed during boot, I don't notice it any other time.

To every one else that wants "pampered perfection" in their devices: gain some perspective and chill out. You don't live in that world and your fortunate the economy and your job is still intact enough for you to <<mod delete>> about something for which you paid $600 when you really could have waited and paid less. If the screen is really busted or there are dead pixels or the light bleeding is apparent is just about everything you do; fine. <<mod delete>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/27/2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: language; insulting
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I had a noticeable light bleed when I first got my TouchPad. Now that I've had it for a month, I can't find it anymore. Either I've gotten so used to it I've blocked it out of my sight, or it's diminished.
    I was going to post the same thing. I had a pretty obvious light bleed on first boot up, but I just went back to try tom find it again and couldnt. Can these things settle over time?
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    If I pay 600 for a device I expect a perfect screen too. You might be the crazy one cantaffordit
    The iPad and iPad 2 all have bleeding.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    What are you talking about? If I buy a tablet, I expect it to be perfect with no bleeding or other crap described into OP. Not everyone has your low standards.
    Don't buy a tablet. Don't buy one at launch.
    guys, my hdtv has a godawful crap gui for changing the settings

what gives? I paid $1400 for this piece of crap, and they put a blue background w/ crappy white blocky text ***

and I just noticed today my car that ive had for two years has carpets that move around if you wear construction boots and are mean to the floor. I paid almost $18000 for this car, it should be perfect w no defects *** *** ***

ive gone through 6 cars and they all had the same problem ='(
    under 18k doesnt get you much as far as new cars go... toyota corolla? chevy aveo? hyundai elantra?

sometimes the saying runs true... you get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    guys, my hdtv has a godawful crap gui for changing the settings

what gives? I paid $1400 for this piece of crap, and they put a blue background w/ crappy white blocky text ***

and I just noticed today my car that ive had for two years has carpets that move around if you wear construction boots and are mean to the floor. I paid almost $18000 for this car, it should be perfect w no defects *** *** ***

ive gone through 6 cars and they all had the same problem ='(
    AndyBear likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast