Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fxspec06
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I recently got my Touchpad from QVC and have noticed that the screen is very warm in color compared to my iPad 2. The whites have a very yellow tint to them. Has anyone else noticed this? Im wondering if there's a way to change the temperature but I haven't found one.
    my whites are very white. Been using interfacelift wallpapers since it arrived and the colors have been great
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Noticed the same thing when comparing my dad's iPad 2 to my Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    I recently got my Touchpad from QVC and have noticed that the screen is very warm in color compared to my iPad 2. The whites have a very yellow tint to them. Has anyone else noticed this? Im wondering if there's a way to change the temperature but I haven't found one.
    I agree. My TP has a warm color temperature too. I don't mind though, as most LCDs tend to be overly cool. I only really notice when I compare screens side by side, or look at one after another.
    reports are that iPad 1/2 etc use diff screens for same model in same line.. wouldnt surprise me if HP did this too

I know the gamma on Pre/Pre+ is diff from that of my laptop and HDTV

I also know the contrast is better on Pre+ than Pre2

brightness is better on Pre2

it wouldnt surprise me if TP used diff screens across same line.. would be interesting to see someone compare TPs w/ drastically differing serial #s

I can also say that my refurb pre+ is ligtyears better quality than old pre+

just 2c
    LordSecksie likes this.
    I originally got the 16GB and had no trouble, but upgraded to the 32GB and definitely notice the difference. The whites seem to have a reddish tint.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    I've got a 32GB with a pinkish hue. Is there any way to change the temperature settings?
    I noticed a huge difference in my to vs my iPad. So I went into screen settings and turned off auto-dim. Now it is on par with my iPad in terms of white balance and brightness.
    my 16gb is perfect! I have the autodim off too
    See this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...touchpads.html

Warmer screens had serial numbers starting with 5CL1210 while cooler ones started with 5CL1240 and above.
    Is there any way to calibrate the color to make it cooler?