Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
  1.    #1  
    I preordered a 16GB TouchPad last month and picked it up on the 1st when it was released. On Saturday, I decided to upgrade to the 32GB one so I took the old one back and exchanged it with no problems. The next day, I got a call from Geek Squad telling me "my TouchPad was in and ready to pick up", and I figured it was just a mistake on their part but asked what I needed to pick it up, and was just told my ID. I went to Best Buy, asked about it, they went and got it from the back. It turns out it was the one I had preordered and they asked for the $450. I said "you know this came out almost a month ago, right? I picked mine up the first day" and he got confused and pulled another employee over to check it out, mentioning it was just the preorder but I had already paid. He pulled up my receipt on the computer, and I'm not sure what he was thinking (must have thought that I sent mine in for repair), but he just gave me the TouchPad, printed a receipt, and I walked away with a brand new 16GB TouchPad to add to my collection.

I'll be preordering from Best Buy more often

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    I wouldnt go bragging on the net about my dishonesty.
    you know, in some circles...that's considered stealing. but if you give it to me, they might just call you the next robin hood .
    You mean you'll be stealing from Best Buy more often?
    JonVon and hparsons like this.
    Its more like you stole a 16gb TouchPad from BestBuy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    hparsons and JonVon like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I wouldnt go bragging on the net about my dishonesty.
    Agreed. How is this not stealing? Like when the math challenged McDonald's employee gives you too much change. YOU know it's wrong. Stealing is taking something without paying. They didn't say, "here, it's on us" did they?

Poorly played.
    hparsons and JonVon like this.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Someone might as well close this thread before it get out of hand.
    Thief.
    JonVon, hparsons and jiancarlo#WN like this.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    This is not a topic to brag about. Its stealing if you know you got something you didn't pay for because of someone elses oversite. In the end the consumer pays because Best Buy needs to find a way to make up for its losses. The next time I pay my credit card bill and see an increase in fees, I'll be thinking of you.
    hparsons likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    In before the lock down.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Will this be on the next episode of TruTv's dumbest criminals??? j/k
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    Someone might as well close this thread before it get out of hand.
    You aint kidding. Wow.
    You're going straight to You make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Will this be on the next episode of TruTv's dumbest criminals??? j/k
    It may just be.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Not to mention the developers out there that are busy making apps, so they can sell them.....so they can BUY a TouchPad.

It's your conscious and karma.....you'll deal with it eventually.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  16.    #16  
    I didn't really think about it like that, now I just feel bad. I guess I just got so excited that I wasn't really thinking about it. I think I'll be returning it now.

My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    I didn't really think about it like that, now I just feel bad. I guess I just got so excited that I wasn't really thinking about it. I think I'll be returning it now.
    Good man.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Good man.
    The Mcdonalds example was what really got to me, but the other points were valid, especially the developers. Plus, I really hope that employee didn't get in trouble now that I think about it. I'm on my way to return it now.

The Mcdonalds example was what really got to me, but the other points were valid, especially the developers. Plus, I really hope that employee didn't get in trouble now that I think about it. I'm on my way to return it now.
    Well done. I hope you do so.
    You owned up to your mistake and now you're on your way to make it right. You're OK in my book. And I know you won't let it happen again. You've done the right thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast