Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Can someone tell me why hulu will stop itself from working on the touchpad? Would it not tempt new users such as myself? I don't use it although I am aware of it. We don't have netflix or a sling app. We are hungry for media, why stop potential users from hitting your site?

Someone educate me.

Tanks!
    It's not Hulu and it's not HP. It's the companies (movie studios and tv networks) that don't allow Hulu to stream to "mobile" devices in their contracts.

This is also why you have to have Hulu plus to stream to XBOX (or other solutions outside of the traditional Hulu/MS way).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    And a good browser should be able to spoof itself as IE or Safari desktop so that Hulu isn't blocked. Then again, I don't have a horse in that race as I don't watch Hulu on my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    And a good browser should be able to spoof itself as IE or Safari desktop so that Hulu isn't blocked. Then again, I don't have a horse in that race as I don't watch Hulu on my TP.
    In most cases Hulu uses the user-agent string provided by Flash, not the browser, and there's no way to alter that.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    Can someone tell me why hulu will stop itself from working on the touchpad? Would it not tempt new users such as myself? I don't use it although I am aware of it. We don't have netflix or a sling app. We are hungry for media, why stop potential users from hitting your site?

Someone educate me.

Tanks!
    Part of Hulu's monetization plan is charging to access by a mobile device (Hulu+). Could they do this through their website? Most likely.
    hulu won't block any client that is within their current content agreements. Assuming that the TP is a device type they can allow (it doesn't have a 3g radio so % would classify it as a PC...) it should work.

there have been posts where people have been able to watch it sometimes, so hopefully the coming update will fix any problems that are caused by the TP. Then it will be easier to see if hulu is preventing anything.
    never been a fan of hulu and no plans for us on touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hulu won't block any client that is within their current content agreements. Assuming that the TP is a device type they can allow (it doesn't have a 3g radio so % would classify it as a PC...) it should work.

there have been posts where people have been able to watch it sometimes, so hopefully the coming update will fix any problems that are caused by the TP. Then it will be easier to see if hulu is preventing anything.
    Hulu actively blocks Android tablets with Flash so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with the TouchPad. With iOS devices you have to pay for Hulu+ to access Hulu period.
    Last edited by barkerja; 07/26/2011 at 04:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The hulu issues are I believe 100% flash related, so its up to adobe.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    is it possible to use impostah to spoof the flash user agent?
    that's not what it does.
    but could it?

I really would like the answer to be yes, although everytime I ask the answer is always NO! Crapity crap-crap-crap!
    threed61#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    never been a fan of hulu and no plans for us on touchpad.
    Ironically (looking at your avatar), I only use Hulu to watch Archer.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    but could it?

I really would like the answer to be yes, although everytime I ask the answer is always NO! Crapity crap-crap-crap!
    I'm gonna use that line at work!
    1st Rule of using Hulu on a device that hasn't hit their radar:

• DON'T TALK about using Hulu on a device that hasn't hit their radar

2nd Rule of using Hulu on a device that hasn't hit their radar:

APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    1st Rule of using Hulu on a device that hasn't hit their radar:

2nd Rule of using Hulu on a device that hasn't hit their radar:

I believe the 2nd rule is: SEE RULE NUMBER 1
    Its really for one reason and one reason alone. MONEY. If they can make you pay for that content they are going to. That is why company's like the MPAA or RIAA want you to buy a song for your ipod then buy it again for your PC and for your car or home. It really sickens me.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    They blocked my Playbook, and it's wifi only, They will block the Touchpad too, give it a few weeks. Like was posted earlier, they have contracts that restrict the streaming of video content to mobile devices. If you want it mobile your only choice will be Hulu +
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    They blocked my Playbook, and it's wifi only, They will block the Touchpad too, give it a few weeks. Like was posted earlier, they have contracts that restrict the streaming of video content to mobile devices. If you want it mobile your only choice will be Hulu +
    That sounds fair enough, so if I sign ul for plus, my futurely blocked TP will magically be unlocKed or will we need an app?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKeg View Post
    That sounds fair enough, so if I sign ul for plus, my futurely blocked TP will magically be unlocKed or will we need an app?
    There will be an app like they have for the Ipad and other mobile devices, They are supposed to be working on one for the Playbook and I assume they will also support the Touchpad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast