Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    There will be an app like they have for the Ipad and other mobile devices, They are supposed to be working on one for the Playbook and I assume they will also support the Touchpad.
    There's a webOS app in the works? Where'd you read/hear this?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Read the post, I said I assume they will support the Touchpad also.
    They blocked my Playbook, and it's wifi only, They will block the Touchpad too, give it a few weeks. Like was posted earlier, they have contracts that restrict the streaming of video content to mobile devices. If you want it mobile your only choice will be Hulu +
    I think it'd rather just pay PlayOn instead.
    Read the post, I said I assume they will support the Touchpad also.
    Sorry, was confused by your first sentence of "there will be" an app.
    On Android, it was blocked, but rooted users can simply replace a file in the flash folder to get hulu working in browers (plus change UA to desktop in browser).

xda-developers - View Single Post - Working hulu
    It does appear that Hulu has now blocked it from the TP!
    It's the film industry. I think they are purposely trying to "break" all these streaming services in order to protect their more traditional revenue streams. They caused Netflix to raise their rates by nearly 60%, and Hulu has always had draconian rules on what you can and can not use for their service.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    For Hulu content other than movies, can the TV networks web site.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    The hulu issues are I believe 100% flash related, so its up to adobe.
    No....
    I'm a hulu plus subscriber, I've been using hulu on my touchpad for almost 2 months, crap. I guess I have to go back to using playon for access to hulu.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Hulu is going to be worthless soon. The major media companies who supported Hulu are starting to pull their content and keep it on their own site. Hulu is up for sale and they may have a hard time finding other buyers. This as been all over the news for the past few weeks. I heard it again on NPR this morning. Your best bet is to get an app in the catalog called Video Flood HD. It will pull TV shows and other videos directly from the content providers site.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Didn't hulu also recently change it where you won't be able to see a free episode until 8 days after it airs? Unless of course your a hulu+ subscriber then you get it the day of...
    Hulu has been crap since Hulu Plus came online... I never go there anymore so no biggie... now netflix... that's a different story...
    I watched Colbert on my TP less than 24 hours again via Hulu.com now I get a message saying my device isn't supported???! Hahaha wow....what complete garbage. Instead of "your device isn't supported" they should just say "we are deliberately blocking use on your device until we come up with some way to make a buck off you"
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    New wiki page:

Hulu Fix - WebOS Internals

Contribute to it if you have something to add.

YATZEE!!! Enjoy
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12