Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have bookmarked both Gmail and Facebook in the web browser. In both cases that's a far better way to run the app than the HP provided mail and facebook apps. I can see what they're trying to do - but they're still missing out too much of the basic functionality. e.g. - I tried to send a mail to a regular Gmail co-respondant. But he's not in my formal Contact list. Almost no-one is - coz Gmail by default pops a list of email addresses from my regular co-respondants when I start typing the name. This is so efficient, I never bother to add anyone to the Contact list. The WebOs mail app doesn't do this at all.
    Yeah, the web-based Gmail functionality sure is nice. The TouchPad's email app is nice, but it can't compare to all the functions of Gmail's web interface. I especially like to hit Archive after sending off an email, there's no way to do that through the app.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I found a workaround to allow quick "Archiving" of mail for Gmail.

In the Mail app go into the Preferences & Settings. Click on your gmail account. And then scroll to the default folders for Trash. Change this to the "All Mail" folder. This will archive your mail the same way Gmail does it.

Only issue. You won't be able to trash a message a quick way... For me though, I don't care. I always archive everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post
    I found a workaround to allow quick "Archiving" of mail for Gmail.

In the Mail app go into the Preferences & Settings. Click on your gmail account. And then scroll to the default folders for Trash. Change this to the "All Mail" folder. This will archive your mail the same way Gmail does it.

Only issue. You won't be able to trash a message a quick way... For me though, I don't care. I always archive everything.
    Ah ha! Very interesting. Thanks so much.
    This worked great, thanks so much for the tip!
    Thanks!
    Matt aka .T.P.L.

Visit my blog: "Living the Touchpad Life"