Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #1  
    I saw this just a few minutes ago. It's surprising that the touchpad wasn't even mentioned here. I mean, what the hell?

The Best Tablet Display: iPad 2 Just Got Dethroned

I hope this isn't a bad sign for the touchpad.
    iPad 2 didn't get dethroned, it still has the most sales.

I really tend to stay away from those articles, and when I read them I always take them with a grain of salt.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    I saw this just a few minutes ago. It's surprising that the touchpad wasn't even mentioned here. I mean, what the hell?

The Best Tablet Display: iPad 2 Just Got Dethroned

I hope this isn't a bad sign for the touchpad.
    The premise of the article is to review the Android tablets to see which ones with the same operating system stand out with their display (see below). Also this article seems to take from the prior published reviews of each tablet.

"
    In this very hot ultra-competitive category an outstanding display is the single best way for manufacturers to make their Tablets stand out from the competition particularly for Android based devices ...
    The data and discussions in this review article are drawn from the individual articles for each Tablet in our Display Technology Shoot-Out series starting with the Apple iPad 2, the Motorola Xoom, the Asus Transformer, the Acer Iconia, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1."
    giz has gotten pretty bad lately in general
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    The premise of the article is to review the Android tablets to see which ones with the same operating system stand out with their display (see below). Also this article seems to take from the prior published reviews of each tablet.

"
    In this very hot ultra-competitive category an outstanding display is the single best way for manufacturers to make their Tablets stand out from the competition particularly for Android based devices ...
    The data and discussions in this review article are drawn from the individual articles for each Tablet in our Display Technology Shoot-Out series starting with the Apple iPad 2, the Motorola Xoom, the Asus Transformer, the Acer Iconia, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1."
    Precisely. You left out "that have nearly identical OSs". That is why there is a spec war. The multitude of Android hardware manufacturers have nothing to distinguish between themselves except specs, a war neither Apple nor HP need battle.
    NNJ
    Not bothered by it...every site will have their take on touchpad or lack of it. Touchpad was the 1st generation tablet while rest of the competition is on gen.2 etc. TP hasn't been updated since the release. HP is slow but not dead.
    popologuy and jiancarlo#WN like this.
    The Galaxy Tab display has a PLS (Plane to Line Switching) LCD, which is Samsung's version of IPS, and it performs comparably to IPS sometimes a bit better and sometimes not. It's an impressive mobile display with a lot better standout performance than all of the other Android Tablets
    What? The IPad 2 has better display than GTab 10?

Man... forget the Gizmodo and be happy...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Cnet's top 5 tablets that was on my TiVo last night had the TouchPad at #3.
    I like guacamole on my tacos.
    Damn it herb, now I want tacos AND guacamole!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    "Here, gentlemen, I give you the iHammer! It is, as you can see, the most beautiful hammer ever created. Sculpted platinum, and note the fine details in the claw, and the wonderful original artwork wreathed around its handle."

"Can it hammer a nail?"

"Who cares? It's the best hammer ever created!"
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I had homemade guacamole on tacos just last night!
    I cant complain I had some killer home made bacon cheeseburgers last night
    Further evidence of TouchPad bad signs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Hobbz, k4ever, Rnp and 3 others like this.
    I'm glad some of you saw the relevance to my guacamole/tacos post. <<mod delete>>

Here's my point. An omission of the TouchPad from a (mostly) Android site is not a bad sign. It just means they like Androids. We all (and I mean even the iPad/Android users) need to get past the point of "if everyone else doesn't think it's wonderful, what have I done wrong".

At the same time, we also need to past the point of feeling some deep psychological need to convince users, on their own forums, the "folly of their ways".
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/27/2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: don't complain about moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Cnet's top 5 tablets that was on my TiVo last night had the TouchPad at #3.
    That can't be. CNET can't be trusted. I read that right here!
    The TouchPad doesn't have to be number 1 to be successful. There is plenty of room for the top 3 manufacturers to have plenty of success in the tablet market.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    nyallj and RoverNole like this.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The TouchPad doesn't have to be number 1 to be successful. There is plenty of room for the top 3 manufacturers to have plenty of success in the tablet market.
    Number 1 would be nice, though. Number 1 PLUS even better!
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    giz has gotten pretty bad lately in general
    hehehehe
    come on now..... Lol

really though I stopped reading most gizmodo articles in my newsroom feeds
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast