Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    where do I find the "savedPackages" list in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by rtemd View Post
    where do I find the "savedPackages" list in preware?
    In Preware, swipe down in the top left corner, a menu will open up with 'Saved Package List' amongst the various options. Ofcourse, you would have had to save a package list atleast once, for it to be there. Or atleast I think so. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Yes ofcourse, themes are a NO, NO for any OTA update and must be the first things to be removed.
    Can someone elaborate on this?
    I didn't read this thread and did the 3.0.2 OTA with the Glass Theme installed and I don't seem to have any issues as a result...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    see the other thread...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Can someone elaborate on this?
    I didn't read this thread and did the 3.0.2 OTA with the Glass Theme installed and I don't seem to have any issues as a result...
    Then ya got lucky.

The issue is to do with theme removal. If you try removing a usual .ipk packaged theme after an OTA update, some files may be replaced, or some of the backed up original files may be out of date and replace the proper new files.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    so what I'm reading is

1) saved packed list in preware
    2) remove themes
    3) EPR...... ????? Where or what is this?
    4)OTA update
    5) install saved package list from preware

what is the EPR?
    EPR = Emergency Patch Recovery

EPR is used to restore all backed up files from patch ipk installations. Running/Installing this just runs a script to remove all the patches, restores the original files that the patches had replaced and then removes itself. This can be found in Preware. Simply do a search for 'Emergency' on the main page of Preware and you shall find it.

IMPORTANT: Never run this with a theme installed. Always remove any themes before running this.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/31/2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12