Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By steffej3
  • 1 Post By richardtank
  1.    #1  
    Somebody got the 3.0.2 Update - Maybe

I stumbled on this in the comments of an article on the OTA update:

HP TouchPad may get webOS 3.0.2 update this week; new apps, performance tweaks en route - Phone Arena

Scroll to comments. No idea if this was a public update, or an internal/testing update. Either way, there's feedback coming soon (maybe).

Interesting that it reportedly took 40 minutes. That's a beast! Fingers are crossed that this comes very soon.
    That article was posted on the 18th. old news.
    The article is old news, but the comments responding to the article, by a John Digby claiming to have updated his TP to 3.2 is new. I believe that is what the OP was referring to.
    All for One and One for All!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    The article is old news, but the comments responding to the article, by a John Digby claiming to have updated his TP to 3.2 is new. I believe that is what the OP was referring to.
    Thank you, it's not about the article, it's about the comments!

I love misplaced snarky responses that dismiss a post. Honest mistake by the poster though.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nytemyst View Post
    That article was posted on the 18th. old news.
    Read my post, it can be helpful for context . Not about the article.
    I suspect someone is being a bit mischievous!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    I suspect someone is being a bit mischievous!
    You know this 'Digby' character? I agree it seems off.
    that person is probably a dev. And has a dev. device . Maybe he got an update already ?
    I dunno, I would think a developer would A) be constrained by the nondisclosure agreement, and B) would have had the update long before yesterday. Either it is a limited release of some kind or the guy just needs some attention.
    All for One and One for All!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I dunno, I would think a developer would A) be constrained by the nondisclosure agreement, and B) would have had the update long before yesterday. Either it is a limited release of some kind or the guy just needs some attention.
    To carry it a step further, I would think that anyone who would have legitimate access to an early update would be covered by some kind of NDA, whether they are employees, contractors, developers, testers, or reviewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    To carry it a step further, I would think that anyone who would have legitimate access to an early update would be covered by some kind of NDA, whether they are employees, contractors, developers, testers, or reviewers.
    Agreed, kinda sad how many times this has to be repeated on this site... just saying.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Not everyone with access to prerelease builds is under NDA...
    And, there is always someone who don't believe in NDA.
    NDA is overrated
    Seriously it is. I bet SJ is one of early access members. More for fun than for industrial espionage.
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Read my post, it can be helpful for context . Not about the article.
    My mistake.
    I REALLY love the reply from 'Don Jigby'!
    JonVon likes this.