Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By timeweb2
  • 3 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By kjb86
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I hope the cries of early July about the supposed lack of advertising/ publicjty are now being silenced. It seems I'm seeing tv ads 6-8 times a day on just the few channels I frequent while today alone brings 3 expensive, national full page ads plus a partial 4th page in USA Today - not to mention the stream of media ops & public statements.

If we wanted to see that HP was serious about WebOS and TouchPad it should be clear they are.

Now if we can get a decent Pre3 launch and hardware/software this war may not be over. They have marketing muscle Palm lacked and now it appears they mean to use it for WebOS. That can only help.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    You can add Chantal Kreviazuk, bit.ly/qjeDvl to the growing list of celebrity endorsements for the TouchPad. It appears the link is broken or something, just saw the post from @HP on Twitter.

She is doing the TouchPad Gives Like Nothing Else Event in Robson Square, Vancouver tomorrow (30 July) afternoon.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I couldn't be happier about HP's full-on media blitz. They're really throwing out the big bucks to promote the TouchPad and webOS. Finally!!
    no advertising in Australia...yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    no advertising in Australia...yet
    Where's Paul Hogan, Nicole Kidman, Mel Gibson & Russell Crowe when you need them???
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You can add Chantal Kreviazuk, bit.ly/qjeDvl to the growing list of celebrity endorsements for the TouchPad. It appears the link is broken or something, just saw the post from @HP on Twitter.

She is doing the TouchPad Gives Like Nothing Else Event in Robson Square, Vancouver tomorrow (30 July) afternoon.
    Just googled her. She is pretty hot!
    Where's Paul Hogan, Nicole Kidman, Mel Gibson & Russell Crowe when you need them???
    Wow, Paul Hogan is still alive? I used to love Crocodile Dundee! I don't think Mel Gibson would be the proper spokesman for a "family oriented" company right now.
    Mel Gibson?? I thought HP wanted to sell these things?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    Mel Gibson?? I thought HP wanted to sell these things?
    HP's test screening with him and the device would probably explain the cracks on some of the Touchpads.
    I would have to commend HP. I saw a ton of ads for the Veer in June and now it is non-stop TouchPad.
    I'm sure someone is bound to complain.

this is pc after all.
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
    I see only touchpad ads, especially on appleinsider.com it is full of them for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I see only touchpad ads, especially on appleinsider.com it is full of them for me.
    web ads often reflect what you've been searching for. if i'm googling holidays all the ads will be for travel deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    web ads often reflect what you've been searching for. if i'm googling holidays all the ads will be for travel deals.
    So if you are googling tablets all the ads will be for the Touchpad?
    I meant that I am seeing the TouchPad ads on all the TV channels.