1.    #1  
    As a fan of Beats Audio headphones, long before implemented in the HP Envy or TouchPad, I have 3 sets of Beat Audio headphones (iBeats, Tour, Solo HD - 2 of them featuring control talk with play/pause/volume buttons and built-in microphone)

Given HP marketing around Beats in the TouchPad, I would have assumed that they would work like a charm and have been heavily tested/optimized.

However, unfortunately my experience has been mixed to say the least. The audio quality is good but there are a numbers of issues. I don't know whether these are hardware or software issues (that could be fixed in the next OTA update) but given their marketing, HP should work hand-in-hand with Monster to fix them as soon as possible - what's the points of using Beats Headphones if they don't deliver flawlessly the experience they should be delivering?

1) TouchPad - webOS 3.0:
    Microphone: works fine for Skype calls
    Volume control: not recognized
    Play/Pause/forward: not recognized

General issues: randomly the headphones are either not recognized at all, the audio continues to play on the TP speakers or they cause a freeze/reset when trying to use any of the buttons (or touching them by accident)

2) Pre2 - webOS 2.1:
    For comparison purposes, I have also tested them on my Pre2 and here are the results:

Microphone: not recognized, doesn't capture any sound
    Play/Pause/forward: works fine

No general issues like with the TP - they headphones are always recognized when plugged and don't cause freeze/reboots.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Do you know how to fix them (patch or otherwise?) Do you think that these issues could be fixed with a webOS update?
    I am looking into buying the beats tour headsets. I would like to see HP address these issues. I was about to order s pair but, decided to see if anyone had bad experiences with beats headsets. I hope this thread gets a lot more attention and is noticed by HP because it is the only thread that popped up when I searched for ibeats.

Can anyone suggest how to put HP on this. It could be a software issue.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damienh View Post
    As a fan of Beats Audio headphones, long before implemented in the HP Envy or TouchPad, I have 3 sets of Beat Audio headphones (iBeats, Tour, Solo HD - 2 of them featuring control talk with play/pause/volume buttons and built-in microphone)

Given HP marketing around Beats in the TouchPad, I would have assumed that they would work like a charm and have been heavily tested/optimized.

However, unfortunately my experience has been mixed to say the least. The audio quality is good but there are a numbers of issues. I don't know whether these are hardware or software issues (that could be fixed in the next OTA update) but given their marketing, HP should work hand-in-hand with Monster to fix them as soon as possible - what's the points of using Beats Headphones if they don't deliver flawlessly the experience they should be delivering?

1) TouchPad - webOS 3.0:
    Microphone: works fine for Skype calls
    Play/Pause/forward: not recognized

General issues: randomly the headphones are either not recognized at all, the audio continues to play on the TP speakers or they cause a freeze/reset when trying to use any of the buttons (or touching them by accident)

2) Pre2 - webOS 2.1:
    For comparison purposes, I have also tested them on my Pre2 and here are the results:

Microphone: not recognized, doesn't capture any sound
    Play/Pause/forward: works fine

No general issues like with the TP - they headphones are always recognized when plugged and don't cause freeze/reboots.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Do you know how to fix them (patch or otherwise?) Do you think that these issues could be fixed with a webOS update?
    The recommendation is DO NOT use beats headphone with the touchpad. Audio will sound worse and in your case causing hardware conflicts.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz