webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > TP stuck on HP logo start up screen [solved]
TP stuck on HP logo start up screen [solved]
Like Tree5Likes

Old 07/25/2011, 10:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

I was reading tweets in Spaz HD and came across one that had a URL link to an article. After clicking the shortened URL a browser card opened but the page did not. I swiped the card away and tried again. Second time same thing. On the third try the TP shut down and went to the HP logo start up screen and it's been on it ever since (over an hour now). I've tried the home button/power button to reboot it, but its not working.

Any ideas on what to do next?

(I do have Preware installed, but just for some patches.)

Thanks
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2011, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

So holding the center button and power button does not reboot the TP after 10-15 seconds or so?

TouchPad owners: The TouchPad "How do I...?" thread.
Devices: HTC HD7, Wife's Lumia 710, and two TouchPads
Twitter: @STLwebOSMeetup
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2011, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

No it works.....the reboot.....but it just gets stuck on the HP logo screen each time I try a reboot. Ugh.
Old 07/25/2011, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

how much would you lose if you doctored?
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2011, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

I mean I've had it since July 1 so just what I've done since then. What would the webOS Doctor wipeout as far as my info/data? Everything? I know it restores a clean version of the webOS 3.0 but need to know what data it would wipeout. What a pain......love webOS.....hate this kinda stuff.
Old 07/25/2011, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

the concern would be if you have contacts or calendar stored in the palm profile. Hopefully not.
Old 07/25/2011, 11:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

your app data would be toast unless it it stored on the usb partition. So angry birds goes back to level 1.
Old 07/25/2011, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

All contacts and calenders are Google based. App data is not a huge concern because I haven't really "played" many games anyway. SO after Doctoring, all apps would be redownloaded based on my nightly backup info? I'd have to reinstall Preware I am assuming and all associated app downloaded from Preware feeds?
Old 07/25/2011, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

that's about right. this will give you a chance to add the patches back slowly to see if one of them created a conflict. Not likely, but worth checking...
Old 07/25/2011, 11:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm in the same boat, stuck at the HP screen flashing over and over again. Tried loading the webOS doctor to no avail, kept getting errors. Probably something that i'm doing wrong. Curious to see if you can get your TP up and running, keep us posted.
dlcclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2011, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcclone View Post
I'm in the same boat, stuck at the HP screen flashing over and over again. Tried loading the webOS doctor to no avail, kept getting errors. Probably something that i'm doing wrong. Curious to see if you can get your TP up and running, keep us posted.
What kind of errors? I have seen posts from other people who have been getting errors when using the Doctor. In many cases downloading the Doctor again cured the problem. Apparently, the Doctor they were using was corrupted during the download process.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Old 07/26/2011, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
the concern would be if you have contacts or calendar stored in the palm profile. Hopefully not.
contact data in the palm profile is stored with palm and downloads again when one logs into the profile (based on the last backup performed on the device)
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2011, 01:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
contact data in the palm profile is stored with palm and downloads again when one logs into the profile (based on the last backup performed on the device)
I think he was probably referring to a situation a year or so ago when several members reported problems restoring contacts from their palm profiles backups. I have not heard of this happening recently.
Old 07/26/2011, 05:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

UPDATE: Called webOS Butler and they walked me through getting the TP up and running. It took a hard reset/erase via pressing a combination of buttons. Lost my local data (which wasn't much at this point) but through the magic of webOS and the backup component and of course Synergy.....most of my information was restored. Oh the trials of an early adopter.

Thanks for your help.
Liked by bevcraw and HelloNNNewman like this.
Old 07/26/2011, 05:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Wow! That's great news. Now what's the key combo to do a full erase?

Old 07/26/2011, 09:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

I think it was power, volume down and center button together for 15 seconds. However, I went through so many combos of button pushing, that I can't be certain. All I know is that my beloved TP is once again running.

Copied from you speedtouch - Lord help me, I'm a webOS junkie.
Old 07/26/2011, 09:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
I think it was power, volume down and center button together for 15 seconds. However, I went through so many combos of button pushing, that I can't be certain. All I know is that my beloved TP is once again running.

OK, cool. Well, all that matters is you got your TouchPad rolling again. Welcome to the webOS junkie club, meetings every Tuesday night at 8 PM.

Liked by HelloNNNewman and cazi59 like this.
Thanked By: cazi59
Old 07/27/2011, 10:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

Speedtouch...thx. Been a Palm junkie for a long time.

Handspring Visor Deluxe>>>Palm m105>>>Visor Pro>>>>Visor Prism>>>Palm Centro>>>Pre+>>>TouchPad>>>Pre3 (not soon enough!)
Liked by speedtouch likes this.
Old 01/25/2012, 12:14 AM   #19 (permalink)

Trying to run webos doctor, pc not recognizing/reading touchpad. What can I do now? Need some help plz!!!
Theballeryouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 02:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post

this worked for me
cazi59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
touchpad

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0