1.    #1  
    HP Australia has today confirmed that its 9.7-inch HP Slate (video), launched overseas this month, would be available in Australia from August 15.

Read more: HP TouchPad joins 'crowded' Australian tablet market on August 15
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I'm disappointed with the level of "Across the Pacific Tax" on these.

16GB Australian RRP: 599AUD (~653USD at time of writing).
    16GB on Amazon: 489.99USD (~449AUD at time of writing).

32GB Australian RRP: 699AUD (~762USD at time of writing).
    32GB on Amazon: 554USD (~508AUD at time of writing).

And people wonder why Australians parallel import!
    Dear HP,
    I am a massive fan of your WebOS products and have been trying to decide wether to get your tablet since I have no real need.
    Thank you for making up my mind for me. I refuse to give my money to Harvey Norman.
    Until you decide to sell the Touch Pad through a retailer with morals you will not be getting a sale from me.
    Exclusive to Hardly Normal? Even more reason to parallel import!
    I really wanted to get it from my local JB Hi Fi, oh well, at least it will be available here. Is there any word about a 64CB version by then?
    I'm not likely to buy a tablet any time soon. What was disappointing, but not surprising, was that there was no mention of the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    It looks like the touchpad will be a hard sell down here...a google search only brings a few reports from tech journalists here downunder about it being released....

...the ipad featured everywhere and was a massive story on tv talk shows etc..

...and even one of the reviews that mentions it says:

"It’s hard to find a reason to get excited about the TouchPad. Apple fans already have the shiny iPad, power users have Android and corporate types can choose from those or look to the PlayBook. With no killer feature to capture the imagination, HP’s TouchPad will have a tough job winning people away from the competition."

Read more: HP TouchPad - do we need another hero?

It is a battle for hearts and minds...and at this point HP has neither the hearts or the minds! But as they say..it is a marathon not a sprint....at this point though the competition is a few thousand km's down the road already!
    It sounds like Mcmahon isn't much of a salesman. Or that reporter is a serious hater. No news on phones sucks big time.
    I don't know if anyone has noticed, but when you go to Harvy Norman's website to preorder, there is a 64GB version available for 800 dollars which is cool. Harvey Norman Australia | search
    I went into my local Harvey store the other day and it was verry much like the reports from the US soft launch.
    There was a dedicated end for the Touchpad but it was empty.
    A display of the Touchpad was with the other tablets but there was no accesorys at all available.
    Verry sad that they can't put more effort in to an exclusive product.
    Quote Originally Posted by darth_luigi View Post
    I went into my local Harvey store the other day and it was verry much like the reports from the US soft launch.
    There was a dedicated end for the Touchpad but it was empty.
    A display of the Touchpad was with the other tablets but there was no accesorys at all available.
    Verry sad that they can't put more effort in to an exclusive product.
    My local HN has had a functional display model running the demo software for the last week. The staff said that they had done training for it with HP.

Not that it means much, but he did say that an HP rep had said that HP were in discussions with Telstra about carrying the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Not that it means much, but he did say that an HP rep had said that HP were in discussions with Telstra about carrying the Pre 3.
    I wonder if that is related to my Pre 2 suddenly showing up as "(Telstra Australia)" on my WebOS profile recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendikins View Post
    I wonder if that is related to my Pre 2 suddenly showing up as "(Telstra Australia)" on my WebOS profile recently.
    Where did you see that?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Where did you see that?
    Screenshot (with personal data removed).