Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By mhunterjr
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    today on the local top40 radio station ryan seacrest stopped for a hp touchpad commercial....in the commercial he talks about the beats audio and the "subwoofer built right inside"

what on earth is he talking about?
    Last edited by 65fastback; 07/25/2011 at 05:29 PM.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I think he's just using the word 'subwoofer' to describe the quality of the sound. I'd say its meant to be humorous and figurative. Not to be taken literally.
    LordSecksie and fxspec06 like this.
    Does anyone take anything that guy says seriously?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Code:
    sub·woof·er
    noun \ˈsəb-ˈwu̇-fər\
    Definition of SUBWOOFER
    : a loudspeaker responsive only to the lowest acoustic frequencies
    I don't think he has any idea what he's talking about. I hope it's a joke.

I doubt that thing can reproduce anything below 80hz...

True subwoofers are +/- 3db to (at least) 20hz IMO.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Anyone feel like taking the time to test the audio ranges of the speakers just so see what they are?
  6.    #6  
    its not a "joke" if he's reading the commercial lines hp gave him. thats what was confusing.

that being said, Id be shocked if the internal speakers went down to 200hz
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    sounds like typical marketing to me,

agent - "go out and push Beats seacrest"

seacrest - "okay, seacrest out"

ohh and regardless lots of marketing when it comes to wattage and overall performance has been thrashed in recent years. I have 2 home theater systems (neither top of the line), but the Samsung "theater in a box" claims the same wattage as my stand alone systems, both claim the same wattage as my sub amp in my car (running the sub amp under max RMS wattage). I don't need to say the results, we all know them.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    jiancarlo#WN likes this.
    My dell inspiron laptop had a mini subwoofer built into it, and it made a big difference in sound. I noticed on my Touchpad that I can feel vibration from the back while music is playing through the speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    My dell inspiron laptop had a mini subwoofer built into it, and it made a big difference in sound. I noticed on my Touchpad that I can feel vibration from the back while music is playing through the speakers.
    I agree that when I have plaid music on the TP it has decent reproduction of sound.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    there could well be a low frequency speaker somewhere, the unit does rumble to sound