1.    #1  
    was gonna use my digital copies of my movies but wanted to check what formats the touchpad supports for playback first
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Natively mp4 with h.263 or h.264 codec. However, you can play many many more if you purchase the KalemSoft Media Player from the App Catalog.
    So would you just transfer the movie file to the Touchpad? I was trying to load some for a friend and couldn't get it to work.
    Depends on Movie format. If It doesnt work with native player try downloading a new one from market. the one mentioned above is good but you might need to pay a few bucks. OR download handbrake and convert files. just drag and drop movie into TouchPad. I usualy make a movie folder and put them in there.
    It seems like a codec that doesn't have B frames will have issues. Check out the other video related threads in this forum. You cannot just use default handbrake settings as it WILL stutter/etc. Another option is touchplayer (freeware), but I haven't tried it yet.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3098620

Check that post and below for the link to touchplayer and video settings for the default player.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan21585 View Post
    So would you just transfer the movie file to the Touchpad? I was trying to load some for a friend and couldn't get it to work.
    All I did was create a directory named VIDEO in the root directory on the Touchpad and copied the files from my PC. Also created a MUSIC directory for my mp3's. The KalemSoft media player is well worth the money.