Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I'm a proud owner of a Palm Pre(-) since late 2009 and tomorrow I finally get my long-awaited Touchpad! (Sorry for the ranting but I'm very excited )

I recently stumbled over the Gomadic Capacitive Pen for HP Touchpad...

>>Gomadic Precision Tip Capacitive Stylus for HP TouchPad with Integrated Ink Ballpoint Pen

...and just wanted to know, if hand-written notes like the ones on their Homepage are possible with or without a special App.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    it might be a little more precise than using your finger in the Just Write app. I have been playing with the app and getting more comfortable with it. The also added an update today.

I will be interested in what others say about a stylus pen as well
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    If you look closely at the pics on the website, it is showing an ipad. The app they are using is called Penultimate. I LOVE this app and wish it were on the TP. The Just Draw app looks really jagged in comparison.
    If you look closely at the pics on the website, it is showing an ipad.
    Yea, noticed that too, so I emailed Gomadic before I bought the stylus and they suggested pondNotes. I tried it out, but after my initial run with the app, I couldn't find the handwriting functionality, I emailed them again, to which they replied:

We are not so familiar with it, but I belive you can.

Sincerely,
    Gomadic
    Oh well, I bought the stylus and it should come today, hopefully there's a good app out there somewhere. I tried Just Draw too and it is quite sluggish.
    Thanks!
    Matt aka .T.P.L.

Visit my blog: "Living the Touchpad Life"
    No handwriting in pondNotes but this is something that someone needs to come up with. I tweeted IngloriousApps if he was planning on anything like that for Notes+ and he said simply "Nope"
    I think we need to clamor at devs and try to get an app for that.
    I'm working on that kind of app btw
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Very good. Let me know if you need a beta tester.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i will def. give you money for an app like this...
    TheDewWorm likes this.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Very good. Let me know if you need a beta tester.
    I'd be willing to beta as well. I still take meeting notes on my notepad while the guys with iPads take their notes on their iPads and brag about it.
    Im very interested in an app like this as well, I am hoping to take some engineering notes with it for university. Don't know if its possible or not, but I hope so!
    For those styluses, you can get them much cheaper on the Chinese random stuff stores (e.g. DealExtreme)

e.g. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-in-1-...-ink-pen-71445

You might find cheaper ones if you shop around.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Does anyone know of an alternative app for the time being for note taking?
    very interested in a note taking app to take handwritten notes
    I would absolutely be interested in this app. A large reason I wanted a tablet was to cut down on the amount of notebooks I have to carry for all my engineering courses. If you need a reason, develop it for my back.
    Would love an app where I could create an Engineering Sketch in the field (Flow chart or Isometric) with dimensions, notes, etc written on it and email it back to the office.
    A patch tailored to using styli would be nice as well. One with higher sensitivity than the current two patches out now so it would barely require any force but touching the tip to the screen. Patch + handwriting app = who needs paper?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    The "taking handwritten notes" app is really the only app that I desperately want for my TouchPad. I've been looking everywhere for one and would definitely shell out a few bucks for a crappy one or even way more for a nice one. I too hate pen and paper.

It'd be really nice if after taking lots of handwritten notes if you could go back through and delete certain notes/sketches. Also, there should be some way to look at all of the notes on a computer or share the notes by sending them to someone else's computer. And support a file system so finding your notes for certain projects is easier.

Also I'd like it if you could save webOS. Yeah, that'd be nice too.

Actually, if someone could just go ahead and write an app that allows webOS to go onthe android market and download and use those apps.... Well then webOS Would be saved!
    Quote Originally Posted by hurstkb View Post
    The "taking handwritten notes" app is really the only app that I desperately want for my TouchPad. I've been looking everywhere for one and would definitely shell out a few bucks for a crappy one or even way more for a nice one. I too hate pen and paper.

It'd be really nice if after taking lots of handwritten notes if you could go back through and delete certain notes/sketches. Also, there should be some way to look at all of the notes on a computer or share the notes by sending them to someone else's computer. And support a file system so finding your notes for certain projects is easier.
    Requests noted and written down
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Requests noted and written down
    huzza! He brings tidings of hope! I am certainly looking forward to not carrying around so many engineering notebooks. :-O in fact! If the developer of this app wants to be super awesome, allow us to change the paper style. Engineering paper on screen anyone? ;-)
    What I noticed about the TouchPad is that under the right light with the screen off, you can see the capacitive touch sensing grid underneath the LCD. If that is indeed the touch sensing grid, the points are spaced out quite far - I'd estimate that there is about 1cm between any collinear points on the grid. So it might actually be tricky to create a handwriting notes application that allows for smooth curves and small letters simply because of this hardware limitation. That might be one of the reasons why Just Draw tends to draw circles that are very jagged.

Then again, I'm sure this can be worked around in software using some interpolation algorithm, so it shouldn't be a set back.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast