Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
Like Tree18Likes
  1. #21  
    if you look very carefully there's two layers. One is a superficial dot-like pattern, then beneath that there is a grid. The dots above line up with the gaps below, there is plenty of detection for handwriting. The issue is primarily with speed, not sensitivity. Draw a tiny circle slow and deliberately, then one roughly the same size but much faster. Youll see that the slow one looks a hell of a lot nicer. Just an example of the drawing app not being ment for writing. :'(
  2. #22  
    ditto here.. (for meetings thou)
  3. #23  
    Guys, as of this moment I'm officially working on this app. Expect the first alpha/beta this weekend/next week.

    People who entered the beta will be notified soon with more info, no more requests please
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 08/31/2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  4. #24  
    woot! Great to hear!
  5. #25  
    nice, thanks!
  6. lware14's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #26  
    thank you, we need this type of app. If you need more testers let us know.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Guys, as of this moment I'm officially working on this app. Expect the first alpha/beta this weekend/next week.

    Anyone who wants to beta test and help improving, PM me.
    This is great. can you make sure it has a Zoom mode. when you write on these devices your writing tends to be very big and you can only fit a few words per a line. To get around this most handwriting apps have a zoom mode so you can write big in one area but it shows up small in another part on the line.
  8. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    This is great. can you make sure it has a Zoom mode. when you write on these devices your writing tends to be very big and you can only fit a few words per a line. To get around this most handwriting apps have a zoom mode so you can write big in one area but it shows up small in another part on the line.
    +1. I have seen this type of functionality on the iPad and it is very useful/essential IMO.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    This is great. can you make sure it has a Zoom mode. when you write on these devices your writing tends to be very big and you can only fit a few words per a line. To get around this most handwriting apps have a zoom mode so you can write big in one area but it shows up small in another part on the line.
    The idea is to have a sheet which can be zoomed in with a small preview area to see where you are. It will support drawings and text areas, exporting to png and printing.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    stbxxl and razzbaronz like this.
  10. #30  
    png format sounds great! I'm sure there's plenty of room to expand on export types at a later date, and png is pretty universal.

    should also consider adding paper types, aka backgrounds to write on, such as college ruled paper or engineering paper.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    png format sounds great! I'm sure there's plenty of room to expand on export types at a later date, and png is pretty universal.

    should also consider adding paper types, aka backgrounds to write on, such as college ruled paper or engineering paper.
    Yup, that's already considered
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  12. #32  
    Great ideas and I'm excited about this app.
    NuttyBunny, since I assume you're not planning on implementing some sort of palm rejection, if it's possible please consider implementing two-finger scroll/drag (if the fingers are close-ish together) or something like it. An easy way to scroll would be important because I'd have a hard time not resting my hand on the pad when I write, so to solve that I'd spend most of my time on the bottom third of the screen...
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Great ideas and I'm excited about this app.
    NuttyBunny, since I assume you're not planning on implementing some sort of palm rejection, if it's possible please consider implementing two-finger scroll/drag (if the fingers are close-ish together) or something like it. An easy way to scroll would be important because I'd have a hard time not resting my hand on the pad when I write, so to solve that I'd spend most of my time on the bottom third of the screen...
    agreed, palm rejection of some sort would be nice. Perhaps a stylus only mode to force a small contact area to be allowed? If that's even possible. :S
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    agreed, palm rejection of some sort would be nice. Perhaps a stylus only mode to force a small contact area to be allowed? If that's even possible. :S
    I'm not quite sure of being able to implement this... Of course, I could make it that if you're already writing with one finger, ignore other inputs. Scrolling with 2 fingers is planned as well
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    agreed, palm rejection of some sort would be nice. Perhaps a stylus only mode to force a small contact area to be allowed? If that's even possible. :S
    Not really possible. The pad can't distinguish between one of those capacitive pens and a finger.

    It's probably better/faster for him to not even try to figure out how to do palm rejection, and instead get a quick app out to us. We'll enjoy the heck out of it anyway!
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 08/30/2011 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Original didn't sound how I intended
  16. #36  
    We are desperate to see a handwriting app- to take notes and draw in the class using finger or stylus in our touchpad... Save as pdf and mail..or sync with mail automatically...tht will be awesome...

    Good luck and look for ur update..
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Not really possible. The pad can't distinguish between one of those capacitive pens and a finger.

    It's probably better/faster for him to not even try to figure out how to do palm rejection, and instead get a quick app out to us. We'll enjoy the heck out of it anyway!
    No, this is definitely possible. You just have to program a filter to reject input from a contact area of a certain size - your palm will create a far larger area of contact than your finger or capacitive stylus.

    Speaking of which, is it possible to test this with a stylus and see if it works well with one? It seems to me like a lot of apps work excellently with a finger but very poorly with styli.

    It would certainly be OK to plan these features for a later beta. Thank you so much!
  18. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The idea is to have a sheet which can be zoomed in with a small preview area to see where you are. It will support drawings and text areas, exporting to png and printing.
    Export to PNG format is great. What type of printing support will it have? I'd like to see printing into a PDF file besides the default printing function to a network connected HP printer. Obviously this probably widens the scope of this project and can therefore come later.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Export to PNG format is great. What type of printing support will it have? I'd like to see printing into a PDF file besides the default printing function to a network connected HP printer. Obviously this probably widens the scope of this project and can therefore come later.
    Printing to a printer connected to the TouchPad via WiFi. I'll support whatever webOS supports. So, PDF printing won't be here unless HP suports that in an update

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  20. JeffPom's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #40  
    For a note taking app - handwritten.... Wouldn't the ability to work with stylus be the best?

    I think you start basic (like the drawing apps) and work on later features... folders, labels or tags, Ability to import images? Become like Evernote....?

    Awesome idea. Tablets will make, and do make, great productivity tools!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions