Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    HI all,

    FYI. Please use the link to read the entire article.

    Take care all,

    Jay

    First Look: HP Touchpad 4G from AT&T [updated]
    By Gloria Sin | July 18, 2011, 7:38pm PDT

    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...tag=nl.rSINGLE

    Now that the HP Touchpad Wi-Fi has officially launched for a second time July 17, we can focus on the 4G version that AT&T will be releasing in time for “back to school.” Here are some photos of the upcoming and upgraded Touchpad 4G, taken from AT&T’s Holiday Preview event last week.

    In case you haven’t heard, the next Touchpad will feature a slightly faster processor to clock at 1.5 GHz rather than 1.2 GHz in the Wi-Fi version. Though it will be marketed as a 4G device, it works on AT&T’s HSPA+ network rather than LTE. In terms of storage capacity, the Touchpad 4G will only be available in 32 GB and has built-in GPS so this premium version likely won’t come cheap.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2. #2  
    Interesting.

    1.5g, is it dual core? If it didn't say in the spec sheet, ..... Probably doesn't matter much.

    Hspa+, good enough.

    32g only, mmmm. I though there were to bfe 16 & 64.....

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
  3. #3  
    yes
    it was dual core
  4. #4  
    day 1 sprint pre owner here...this seems like the deal breaker for sprint to me if they are getting this plus the pre 3
  5. #5  
    i dunno why everyone points out that HSPA+ is not LTE but yet sprints wimax is aweful and is much slower than H+ but nobody ever says "Sprints wimax (not LTE)"

    Im pumped for the spec bump version. hopefully in the next month they get the bugs out and get a dedicated client for netflix and the cloud experience going via music store.

    I wish ATT did unlimited data only for the touchpad, limited time offers like that get a lot of people to jump on board.
  6. ObiGeorge's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    i dunno why everyone points out that HSPA+ is not LTE but yet sprints wimax is aweful and is much slower than H+ but nobody ever says "Sprints wimax (not LTE)"

    Im pumped for the spec bump version. hopefully in the next month they get the bugs out and get a dedicated client for netflix and the cloud experience going via music store.

    I wish ATT did unlimited data only for the touchpad, limited time offers like that get a lot of people to jump on board.
    Agreed. The Not LTE thing gets old...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I wish ATT did unlimited data only for the touchpad, limited time offers like that get a lot of people to jump on board.
    I Wish. I'm waiting for ATT version as well. I need constant connectivity.
    Not sure what kind of plans they will offer. Currently all they have on their website is 2 gb max. But I know (for a fact) that there will be different plans. How do I know? If you notice the first hands on by 'this is my next', you notice that one of the pages said "used xxx out of 4GB. Thats not a standard data plan offered currently. Look at the attached files.

    But for ATT to start offering unlimited (I doubt that will ever happen), HP will have to show some serious muscle power. And I hope it does.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. #8  
    i hope it comes soon
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  9. Highcroft's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksht View Post
    I Wish. I'm waiting for ATT version as well. I need constant connectivity.
    Not sure what kind of plans they will offer. Currently all they have on their website is 2 gb max. But I know (for a fact) that there will be different plans. How do I know? If you notice the first hands on by 'this is my next', you notice that one of the pages said "used xxx out of 4GB. Thats not a standard data plan offered currently. Look at the attached files.

    But for ATT to start offering unlimited (I doubt that will ever happen), HP will have to show some serious muscle power. And I hope it does.
    That could be at&t's 2 + 2 tethering plan.
  10. #10  
    I hope to Gods that it comes in white...

    Then why would they put out the Veer, or the PrPrPr&#$275$; $3$ $in$ $white$?!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldReporter View Post
    I hope to Gods that it comes in white...

    Then why would they put out the Veer, or the PrPrPr&#$275$; $3$ $in$ $white$?!
    Hi all,

    Why is the color of the exterior of the phone or TouchPad an issue??? It's just the outside of it!

    take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

    Why is the color of the exterior of the phone or TouchPad an issue??? It's just the outside of it!

    take care, Jay
    Custom Phone Covers, Phone Cases & Skins For Electronics | Skinit

    /problem
  13.    #13  
    Hi, I'm more concerned about what's inside the phone IE: OS, apps & hardware, the outside color is meaningless to me. But then again, to me a car is transportation not and extension of .....

    take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

Posting Permissions