Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    OK, my TP arrived whislt I was away on holiday, so it was something to look forward to.

Spent an hour or so with it on my return and so far so good. but a couple of gaps.

- where's the IRC client?
    - There doesn't appear to be any sort of remote control client app except for a now ageing VNC. I would prefer TeamViewer and, obviously, MS Remote Desktop. Without one or the other my usage is going to be quite limited.

Less significant but none the less niggly, it doesnt' appear to be possible to play a music track off an SMB share or a DNLA server, only what's stored locally on the 'pad. It also doesn't appear possible to access any sort of SMB or similar resource, the only offering I can see for accessing files off other machinery on the 'pad is to use something like DropBox to pull them across, or to plug in the USB cable and Copy.

Is it just me that thinks some of these things are pretty basic omissions if this is going to be a business tool of any sort?
    take a look around the forums,you are not alone. I'm not sure how experienced you are with webOS (you have a new precentral account) but you'll soon find that the gaps often get filled by the amazing homebrew community if they get left by HP.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccomley View Post
    Less significant but none the less niggly, it doesnt' appear to be possible to play a music track off an SMB share or a DNLA server, only what's stored locally on the 'pad
    Check out BHome in the catalog.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Check out BHome in the catalog.
    Looks interesting. Except - it wont' install. It has, it says, downloaded, but is "Installing" and has been for the last half hour. Ho hum.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    On the BHome page in the HP App Catalog there are Support and Report a Problem buttons. The developer is very responsive.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Noted - if it's still unfinished installing when I go back to the 'pad later on I'll report it.