Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I was dragging and dropping music over to the touchpad while it was in USB mode and went and took my shower. Came back and noticed the files had finished copying over. So i located the touchpad drive, right clicked and ejected the touchpad. Now their is NO apps on my touchpad, just the native ones, but the HP app catalog is gone and so in my preware app. The Kindle and The HP movie store, quickoffice and adobe reader apps are also gone. It says i have one app installed. Workpress is the only app that shows up on my software manager update list but nothing else and i can't locate it in just type. but my music and photo's and videos are present. All of my calendar events are present, my memos are present, my web bookmarkes are present, but my device has been wiped clean from all of my apps. can't just type and locate them either. My exhibition app does not have them listed anymore. WHAT HAPPENED.
    I'm going to reboot and see what happens.
    Had this happen too, a reboot fixed it for me, though all my apps were back on the download page, which was quite a pain really.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    same thing happened here and same solution as dcbo89. For me it happened soon after adding the patch to add two more tabs to the launcher. Don't know if that was a coincidence or not.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Mine too. Installed same patch, but worked okay for a day.

After a bit of lag, I performed a soft-reset, placed tp on the touchstone and never recovered from there. Just showed the hp logo. When it finally recovered (24 hours later), all apps were gone and the software manager would not open.

Could not doctor because after another reset, the hp logo never went away and my tp was not recognized.

TP finally started, still all apps missing. Trying to perform a doctor, but computer still not recognizing unit in Doctor app so no NEXT button.

After 2 hours in chat with 'Palm', I'm now waiting for replacement TP from hp.

Fun stuff!
    I had this, too. I did a full erase (I think that is the one that leaves the USB partition intact) and resynced everything through Synergy. I hope they've got this fixed in the upcoming patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by drimo View Post
    I had this, too. I did a full erase (I think that is the one that leaves the USB partition intact) and resynced everything through Synergy. I hope they've got this fixed in the upcoming patch.
    Terminology is important when reporting issues (and their fixes). Apps are not synced through synergy. Your profile tracks the apps you have paid for. After a full erase, they are downloaded again from the App Catalog.
    @OP, have you done a reboot as suggested to see if that rescans your apps?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Just had this happen to me as well, luckily I remember seeing this thread. This happened after I unplugged directly without ejecting, I was in the process of adding both video and music files, and for whatever reason, they don't seem to show up with a simple eject. So I unplugged it, all apps were gone. Tried reconnecting the USB and doing a proper eject, no change. Did a full reboot, everything came back, albeit not where they were originally, but as I've pretty much left everything where it was initially, and only had the new TouchPad specific downloads on Favorites, not much work ahead of me.

An inconvenience, but at the same time, great to have this forum/community for quick solutions.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Happened to me too! Exactly as OP described - issue with properly ejecting from USB mode. After a reboot, all apps are in download tab. Thank goodness it wasn't too difficult to reorganize my launcher tabs/pages. Things will get worked out soon enough.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Yes, I rebooted and all of my apps were back but not were they were. My games and homebrew folders were empty. Many of my apps were now in the downloads folder. Even the ones that were not in the favorites/games/homebrew folders. I had everything set up nicely. I will probably remove the added folders patch. So far every is working well.

Thanks