Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With the hard launch behind us I really wonder how hard HP has pushed the TP? Aside from the late night celeb stuff, I have yet to see a commercial or print ad. I did just run across an ad on espn.com, it plays with flash on the front page of the web site... Pretty cool but I expected more. What and how much have you guys seen?

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I've seen plenty of commercials. I'm usually one who records most of what I watch and fast-forwards through them.

I've seen them all over USA & TNT networks.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    War Eagle!
    I've seen tons of commercials, and the grabbed the entire back page of each section of USA Today recently.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    it def got a bump in ssales as well... the 32 gig used to be in the top 20 now its in the 10 ten, or it was at some point. and the 16 gig was only in the top 30 or 40 and it got bumped to like 16... so sales are decent but updates need to come as well as apps.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I saw more tp ads in recent week than ipad, gtab and any other tab.

Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    it def got a bump in ssales as well... the 32 gig used to be in the top 20 now its in the 10 ten, or it was at some point. and the 16 gig was only in the top 30 or 40 and it got bumped to like 16... so sales are decent but updates need to come as well as apps.
    That list itself isn't really promising.....
    I have seen tons of the them and print ads also in Tampa
    I've seen Touchpad and Veer ads on The Bachlorette, shows on USA and Bravo during the past week. Sometimes the commercial has been repeated twice during a show, such as this past week's Bachlorette. A couple of days after the TP launched I saw the Russell Brand TP ads on CNBC during the 6:00am to 7:00am segments on Squawk Box. I think that those were the first TP commercials to air. This past week of the so called hard launch is where I've seen the proliferation of TP commercials.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    And what's with buzz? Does someone who isn't paid speaks about TouchPad? I'm not in US so I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog197804 View Post
    With the hard launch behind us I really wonder how hard HP has pushed the TP? Aside from the late night celeb stuff, I have yet to see a commercial or print ad. I did just run across an ad on espn.com, it plays with flash on the front page of the web site... Pretty cool but I expected more. What and how much have you guys seen?

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports
    The Thu 7/21 edition of USA Today had a full page ad on the back of every section.
    I just saw the Glee commercial on Dateline NBC.
    I see them regularly when watching Yankees game. Come to think of it, I'd seen more ad this week than I saw palm pre ads total!
    I had been glued to Versus watching the Tour de France and only saw Blackberry Playbook ads - like crazy. My kids thought it was WebOS watching how they flicked cards off the screen. Other than the Tour, I have only watched the news recently.

Like pdog197804, I have not seen any TP ads live on TV. There were plenty of iPad ads on the news.
    UK TV wise we've seen nothing!
    Yeah I noticed the blackberry ads pretty much killed webOS in their commercials. They make the blackberry look way cooler than ours and its a copycat.

Lately though i seen a lot of touchpad commercials even heard one on the radio advertising the iheartradio application
    While they're selling TouchPads here in Germany, I have yet to see a single commercial for it. The same is true for the Veer.
    It seems like HP is continuing a strategy of "let those who want it, have it - and leave those who don't know about it alone" in the European market.
    I've seen it advertised here in Canada on the sports network a few times.
    I can echo Wencyjr's experience as I have seen them constantly while watching yankee games. I also think live sporting events are the smartest time to place tv commercials, one of the few times that their target market (tech oriented people) will not be fast forwarding through commercials.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    While they're selling TouchPads here in Germany, I have yet to see a single commercial for it. The same is true for the Veer.
    It seems like HP is continuing a strategy of "let those who want it, have it - and leave those who don't know about it alone" in the European market.
    I was expecting from HP much more pro Euro attitude than old Palm had. Did You?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    I've seen plenty of commercials. I'm usually one who records most of what I watch and fast-forwards through them.

I've seen them all over USA & TNT networks.

This we DVR and skip commercials in most of our regular shows. Seen the commercials a bunch, and we don't even have cable so this is on the major networks. At least 1 commercial during the all-star game, every sunday that I have watched some golf I have seen at least one commercial. Saw the glee one the other day.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast