Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    We are trying to share a TouchPad, we are a two webOS 2.1.0 VZW Pre+ household. I am the primary user and therefore have the TouchPad linked to my profile, with my email/calendar accounts in synergy. The issue we are having is that my wife would like to use the TouchPad to check her GMail account also, the GMail website does not seem to work properly in the webOS Browser (page loads are incomplete, links don't work all the time, in general a very unsatisfying experience). We don't want to have each others mail showing in one synergy display, does anyone have any suggestions/work-around?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Simple, get another touchpad.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Maybe at some point but not right away.

I added my wife's account to synergy...I hate it. She is queen spam! I very much wish the was a way to hide her account from all inboxes (I have 3 accounts I monitor)

so I feel you, I wish both of us luck!
    try having her check email from the browser?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try having her check email from the browser?
    As I said in my original post "the GMail website does not seem to work properly in the webOS Browser (page loads are incomplete, links don't work all the time, in general a very unsatisfying experience)".

Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I added my wife's account to synergy...I hate it. She is queen spam! I very much wish the was a way to hide her account from all inboxes (I have 3 accounts I monitor)

so I feel you, I wish both of us luck!
    can you set her email account to sync manually. That would work on webOS2.x?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    The gmail site works OK if you switch to basic html mode. You lose some of the features on the full site, but it does the job if you're in a bind.
    LOL! Perfect answer!
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    There are a number of bugs in the browser that should be addressed in the upcoming OTA update. I have reported the bugs and they have been replicated by technical support, including a luna reboot when displaying some pages. With luck, your gmail issue will be resolved too.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    There are a number of bugs in the browser that should be addressed in the upcoming OTA update. I have reported the bugs and they have been replicated by technical support, including a luna reboot when displaying some pages. With luck, your gmail issue will be resolved too.
    How did you report them? Did you call each time you found something, or is there an actual bug submission site (other than these forums and HardBeatz)?
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    As I said in my original post "the GMail website does not seem to work properly in the webOS Browser (page loads are incomplete, links don't work all the time, in general a very unsatisfying experience)".
    At the bottom of the page you can switch gmail to straight html and it should behave better.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    It would be nice to have a login screen like a desktop where you can choose a profile..

I'm willing to bet that'll be something we'd get in a major OS revision (i.e. webOS 4.0)
    At least on 2.1, you can view individual emails per account and not all in one inbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    the TP shows seperate mailboxes, too. It's just that he loses use of the 'all' list.

another tip to the OP. Use gmail to collect email from your other account, and then your general gmail in box will list all of your messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the TP shows seperate mailboxes, too. It's just that he loses use of the 'all' list.

another tip to the OP. Use gmail to collect email from your other account, and then your general gmail in box will list all of your messages.
    Yeah my gmail accounts gets ALL my emails, so I have one email on my phone, but the Gmail account actually gets 5 of my email accounts so they all come into that one account on my phone. I guess the only downside is changing the Sender address...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Yeah my gmail accounts gets ALL my emails, so I have one email on my phone, but the Gmail account actually gets 5 of my email accounts so they all come into that one account on my phone. I guess the only downside is changing the Sender address...
    i added the accounts as 'manual' so I can reply from the appropriate address.
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    How did you report them? Did you call each time you found something, or is there an actual bug submission site (other than these forums and HardBeatz)?
    Yes, I call each time and get an issue number so I can track progress. I've followed up with emailed logs, and followup calls. I will say that HP is working hard to correct things before the upcoming update.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Maybe at some point but not right away.
    I guess not right away came sooner than I thought. Our second 32Gb TouchPad arrived on 1 Aug. In the end it was the only real solution to sharing a TouchPad.

splitsick likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast