1.    #1  
    Hi,

I noticed on my TP that lauching the same app, i.e. e-mail, never results in the same launch time experience over different TP sessions.

Sometimes it will popup quickly other times flashing card, same with the web browser.

I installed a couple of the reduced logging patches, but not that much of a difference.

HP really need to nail the load time of apps, especially native ones baked in to the OS, to be as seemless as it is on the iPad / Android tablets.

It is flash memory not a HDD they are loading from, damn it my Pre 2 is faster and more consistent!!

The fact that it isn't speak volumes of this being not quite ready to launch imo. My Pre 2 user experience is up there with the iPhone 4 / WP7 HD7 device regarding e-mail etc but the tablet is falling short of the competiton.

I don't want to be in the situation I was with my N8, always waiting on Nokia to elease the Anna update so I could get a decent experience.

Drop this ball at your peril HP as Joe punter is not going to apply Preware patches etc..

Don't get me wrong I love webOS and the TP but I am in the situation of having owned Apple and Android tablets (iPad 1 and Xoom) so know exactly what HP are up against and Google moves very fast, just look at the phone market!

Barry
    I agree, the pre2 experience is so smooth and the touchpad seems like a step back to the original pre.

In fact I hesitate to show off my touchpad for fear of getting embarassed.
    I am waiting to see what happens with the promised update or else return it.

The phone experience is so much better that hardly use the touchpad. I can't stand not knowing how to go back. Sometimes its at the top, bottom, a pane, in the middle. Can't take it, I swear
    They need to enable a 2 finger swipe left to go back and a 3 finger swipe in either direction to switch between other open cards (advanced gestures)..
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I agree, the pre2 experience is so smooth and the touchpad seems like a step back to the original pre.

In fact I hesitate to show off my touchpad for fear of getting embarassed.
    I am waiting to see what happens with the promised update or else return it.

The phone experience is so much better that hardly use the touchpad. I can't stand not knowing how to go back. Sometimes its at the top, bottom, a pane, in the middle. Can't take it, I swear
    It is not a deal breaker for me, I'm keeping the TP, but it is inconsistent and does hark back to Pre- experience wise. I'm sure they were aiming for iPad 1 but they haven't even reached that I don't think. I just hope someone from HP really DOES read these forums...

Yes I agree a swipe back gesture is a must have feature to get around the various implementations of back lol
    Somehow hardcore webOS fans dont get how loading times of apps are important for good UX. I was allways getting same response how on webOS app is opened once and than stacked for fast retreival.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Somehow hardcore webOS fans dont get how loading times of apps are important for good UX. I was allways getting same response how on webOS app is opened once and than stacked for fast retreival.
    Very true, I like to close off my apps, just habit I guess, but as you say launch time is very important to UX

Potential users perception esp as they browse the tablet displays at their local tech store can make or break a sale.

Barry

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    right. many of us are still closing apps. i agree with you, for some, loading times can be dealbreaker and one of reasons to say how webOS is inferior than ios.