Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By champiful
  • 1 Post By Weaser999
  • 1 Post By champiful
  • 1 Post By paulm64
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if it's possible on the touchpad? The pre has a patch for animated/live backgrounds.
    dmcccdmn likes this.
    Cool
  3.    #3  
    I was looking to have something like this done for the touchpad for that extra touch of personalization and wow factor when showing it off.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/24/2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: links removed
    Live wallpapers are nice to have, but a total battery killer.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Live wallpapers are nice to have, but a total battery killer.
    Live wallpapers and battery life - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

apparently not for most people. Increased battery drain maybe there, but not to the extend of "killer".

I guess few people starring at live wallpaper forever.
  6.    #6  
    what's the difference between playing angry birds the whole day? Besides how often do you see the homescreen of a touchpad, that thing is so wicked that it's constantly in use, if not it would probably be in sleep mode. But for the few seconds that the homescreen is displayed, live wallpapers make the device something more to behold, it's eye catchy and a conversational piece. Sure would turn heads, and besides just because it can makes it all the more reason to get it. Do I need overclocking? No, but I'll definitely do it. Do I need higher res? No, but I'll gladly look at it. Do I need.... You get the point.
    LordSecksie likes this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I would love to have live wallpaper on my touchpad. Something like that fish pond thing with the splashy water in the CM video would be cool. or maybe the floating ice cubes from Honeycomb!. I thought about trying the android thing if only to get the live wallpaper but I'm scared of bricking my tp. I don't have good luck with that kind of stuff after having bricked numerous pocketpc's, n800s, etc. Is there a way to play videos in exhibition mode? That might be hold me over until someone does live wallpaper for webos.
    dmcccdmn likes this.
    I don't know about videos in Exhibition, but Slide RSS will display an image slideshow in Exhibition.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm64 View Post
    I would love to have live wallpaper on my touchpad. Something like that fish pond thing with the splashy water in the CM video would be cool. or maybe the floating ice cubes from Honeycomb!. I thought about trying the android thing if only to get the live wallpaper but I'm scared of bricking my tp. I don't have good luck with that kind of stuff after having bricked numerous pocketpc's, n800s, etc. Is there a way to play videos in exhibition mode? That might be hold me over until someone does live wallpaper for webos.
    the touchpad is almost impossible to brick. if you are not a newbi and can follow instructions it works fine. I did it for the koi wallpaper and the apps are about 1/10th the price of the same webos apps.
    tho you will miss the sliding and all the other great webos stuff , but reboot into webos and get the fix !!
    I like live wallpapers too. They kill battery life, but they do look cool.

There was a patch for the Pre that was very cool. But it was very hard to install.

I think the TouchPad has such a big battery, we should be given a choice.I wonder if the person who made the original patch is still around?
    Last edited by Vociferous; 10/17/2011 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I like live wallpapers too. They kill battery life, but they do look cool.

There was a patch for the Pre that was very cool. But it was very hard to install.

I think the TouchPad has such a big battery, we should be given a choice.
    If you were referring to the Animated Backgrounds for Launcher patch, that wasn't very hard to install at all.

Install patch.
    Put the animated .gif in the Wallpapers folder and rename.
    Restart phone.
    Done.

(Add an extra page to your launcher, leave it blank and leave it open so you could actually see it)

While it looked cool and all, it was the equivilent of having my freeTether on all day. Although I had that patch installed for some time, I ended up removing it as it wasn't worth the drain. freeTether on the other hand, is worth the drain.

I agree though, it is a big battery, I get 10 hours easy every day with it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel