1.    #1  
    So our less than 1 week old touchpad has a *problem*. Been charging fine all week on the touchstone, pulled out the other power plug yesterday (the one packaged with the TP), went to plug it in today and no charge. Tried it with the TS and with a standard palm cable and got nothing.

Then tried the TS plug with both the TS and the standard palm cable and both worked fine. I also twisted the plug to make sure it was locked in, nothing fixed it. I have noticed when this plug is twisted to the "locked" position, the USB port is slightly turned in relation to the plug prongs.

I will be contacting HP this week to request a replacement plug.

Just a heads up for any of you having charging issues with the touchstone or direct pluggin, looks like there may be some faulty plugs out there.

As a side note, I couldn't imagine using my TP with a wired charger constantly, love the touchstone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Mine came twisted as well. But I found that you can twist into the correct position. Apparently the new plug for the TouchPad is a twistable type. Very strange. Anyway, leave it in the socket in the wall and physically twist the barrel so the USB lines up properly. It'll work.
    actually the plug end is completely detachable. You can remove it then reattach. Make sure it is tight if you are having charging issues
    Quote Originally Posted by WANDO RED View Post
    actually the plug end is completely detachable. You can remove it then reattach. Make sure it is tight if you are having charging issues
    That would make sense, then. I could not figure out why in the world it was twistable. But if it can be detached, than it makes total sense.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WANDO RED View Post
    This is my point I did that multiple times, and might be why some people are having issues. I detached and refit multiple times, still didn't work. It is clearly and issue with the plug itself.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...