Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By n00bxqb
  • 1 Post By kayphoonstar
  1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone, can someone please guide me to the thread to install homebrew apps on my hp pad

I have searched but as my gf says, i suck at searching

Thank you
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    In the just type search bar, type in upupdowndownleftrightleftrigbtbastart and enable developer mode.

Go download webOS quick install and after it detects your Touchpad, click on the icon that looks like a world with two arrows going around it, then go to the applications tab and search for preware and install it.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by marclh1992 View Post
    In the just type search bar, type in upupdowndownleftrightleftrigbtbastart and enable developer mode.

Go download webOS quick install and after it detects your Touchpad, click on the icon that looks like a world with two arrows going around it, then go to the applications tab and search for preware and install it.
    Thank you for your help

I enabled developer mode
    "go download webos quick install" where? I have a mac and after i downloaded it, and I connect my pad, it doesn't recognize it, like i never plugged it in

Are there instructions to install from beginning to end with a Mac?
    or can i install directly into my pad not using any other computer?

Thanks again

In this case my pad is smarter than me "see my signature"
    Last edited by zx600; 07/23/2011 at 04:37 PM.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    when you plug it in did you select usb mode or just charge .... Sorry I dont use macs so I cant help with any mac specific issues
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    There's a handy guide in the App Catalog that tells you all you need to know.
    You need to find novacom drivers for OS X.

Try it on a windows PC if you have one, or run bootcamp on your mac. Even a virtual machine running windows will work if you know how to install/use w virtual machine.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    It's much easier to enable Dev Mode by typing in webos20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I forgot about that one :P
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    It may be easier, but it's far less awesome ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zx600 View Post
    Thank you for your help

I enabled developer mode
    "go download webos quick install" where? I have a mac and after i downloaded it, and I connect my pad, it doesn't recognize it, like i never plugged it in

Are there instructions to install from beginning to end with a Mac?
    or can i install directly into my pad not using any other computer?

Thanks again

In this case my pad is smarter than me "see my signature"
    Download WebOS Quick Install from this thread. WOSQI is a java program and should run on the mac as long as you have java up-to-date.

WOSQI should find and download the novacom driver but if you have problems try this thread with an alternate version of the driver package.

I hope this helps you!
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 07/24/2011 at 07:37 PM.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Download WebOS Quick Install form this thread. WOSQI is a java program and should run on the mac as long as you have java up-to-date.

WOSQI should find and download the novacom driver but if you have problems try this thread with an alternate version of the driver package.

I hope this helps you!
    great reply -- this is exactly the kind of response that we need in these forums -- thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    get.preware.org

download the EXE for windows to install Preware, then when you want to install anything that is not in Preware, you can download it from where ever you download it from and email it to yourself, on the TP when you click the ipk you emailed yourself Preware will automatically open and give you the install option.

I ussually click the ipk from the website and preware takes over for the install.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]