I finally got my AKO Email up and running on my Touchpad. There are a ton of how-tos in the forums, mostly for the Pre. However, I felt that there was a need to narrow this down for Touchpad users. You will need a laptop/desktop computer and about 20 minutes of your time.
I used a combination of these two threads to get everything working:
(Post #1) (use the zip file from here!)
First step is to import the certificates. There are over 41 of them and it is very time consuming so make sure you block off about 10-15 minutes just to do this:
1) Copy the attached .zip file to your computer
2) Extract the folder onto your desktop
3) Attach your Touchpad via USB
3) Copy all of the certificates to the root folder on your Touchpad
4) Safely remove your Touchpad from your computer
5) Go to "Settings" then "Device Info" on your Touchpad
6) Press the "Device Info" pull down menu in the upper left portion of your screen
7) Select "Certificate Manager"
8) Press the "+" button on the bottom middle of the screen, the certificates you put in the root directory should display
9) Highlight the first certificate (should be "dodca11.cer"), you should recieve a "Trust Security Certificate?" dialog with three choices (Details, Trust Certificate, Don't Trust Certificate)
10) Select "Trust Certificate", it will import the certificate to the Certificate Manager
11) You should be taken back to the Certificate Manager and the certificate you imported should be listed under "Security Certificates". You may have to scroll up or down to see it.
12) Repeat steps 8-10 for the other 40 certificates. Note: The dodeca.cer may not import.
Next after all of the certificates are added restart the Touchpad.
Finally add your AKO Email Account using the following steps:
1) Select the email icon on the Touchpad. The email app should load.
2) Select the "Email" drop down box in the upper left corner of the screen
3) Select "Preferences & Accounts"
4) Select the "Add Account" button 3/4 of the way down the screen
5) Select the "Email Account" button
6) Enter your AKO email address and password, then select the "Manual Setup" button
7) Use these settings:
a. The Account Type should be "IMAP" for the protocol
b. The email address is your AKO email address
c. The incoming server is imap.us.army.mil
d. The user name is your AKO email user name (do not put @us.army.mil on the end of it!)
e. The password is your login password
f. The encryption type is SSL
g. The port is 993
h. The Outgoing Mail Server is mailrouter.us.army.mil
i. Ensure "Use Authentication" is on
j. The user name is your AKO email user name (do not put @us.army.mil on the end of it!)
k. The password is your login password
l. The encrytion type is SSL
m. The port is 465
n. The root folder can be left blank or you can place your AKO email user name here (do not put @us.army.mil on the end of it!)
8) Go ahead and sign in. It should work as long as you added all the certificates and restarted the Touchpad following the first list of steps
After this you will need to assign a name to your account. Good luck!