Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By hparsons
  • 1 Post By netwrkr9
  • 1 Post By shadavis08
  1.    #1  
    An email exchange between my wife and I last night:

Herb Parsons to Gini

The WebOS Social Event is 6-9 at 4440 Belt Line Rd. Addison, Texas 75001. If you could make it around 8, you could still come.

To be eligible for the door prizes (including the TouchPads they're giving away), you have to be there at the end of the event.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

====================

Gini Parsons to me

Definitely stay for the eligibility!

I'll see if S&B will let me jail-break PB earlier than 7:30.

Sent from my Palm Pixi on the Now Network from Sprint

====================

Gini Parsons to me

I've just left law office. I almost forot about Ava.
    As much as I want to be there, I don't see it happening. (which makes me sad)

Please win me a touchpad!

Sent from my Palm Pixi on the Now Network from Sprint

====================

Herb Parsons to Gini

I did

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    Yep, got her one for free. Yesterday, HP and WebOSRoundup sponsored a WebOS Developer's meetup in Dallas. During the afternoon they had a fast paced demonstration of some of the development tools, and a question/answer session. After that, the group moved to a local resturant for a social event. A respectably large number of prizes were given; including (among other things), Beatz headphones, a Veer phone, and 2 full TouchPad packages including the TP, keyboard, case and TouchStone.

They drew my number for one of the TouchPad packages!

This was especially sweet because my wife and I had budgeted for months to buy two TouchPads when they were released, with the exact same accessories. Then, literally the week before, what we thought was a minor car problem (check engine light came on) turned into a $1900 repair. We budget for emergency repairs, but that was double what we budget for. Since I really do plan on developing on this, she said for me to get mine, and she'd wait a month or two. For the last 3 weeks, she's been telling our kids that her TouchPad "is under the hood" (of the Envoy).

Now she's got one in her hands!

As a side note, I'm surprised at how interested my daughters and my wife are in the TouchPad (and the iPad). I have 4 daughters (and my wife of course), and over the years, they've all viewed computers mostly as a "if I have to use one" thing. I've never seen them excited about computers, and only mildly excited about phones.

Tablets seem to be a different story. And it's really not just the females in my family, I've seen a stronger interest in tablets from women in general than I have seen female interest in computers in the past. Don't really know why, but I do find it interesting.

Anyway, just thought I'd share and give a shoutout to HP, WebOSRoundup, and the volunteers for the event. My wife's a happy camper!
    Congrats Herb, what's better than having a new TouchPad? 2 new TouchPads of course
    hparsons likes this.
    Try TTS with them.
    congrats dude !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    gbp likes this.
    Congrats on your rapidly expanding TouchPad family, Herb. It's always wonderful to see such genuine excitement for webOS devices!
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Try TTS with them.
    ^---

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Well deserved prize/win to one of the best WebOS advocates. Congrats!
    I just imagine her face, when she read "I did", hi hi hi
    I HATE you!!!!!!! Lol j/k wish I could get a free one for the wife... Still have that 2nd package sitting in my office... Not free though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My wife keeps stealing mine to play Sparkle HD. I gave her my other tablet but she likes the Touchpad better. I think the selling point for me is on the first day she played with it. Our bills were due and she proceeded to use it to pay them all online. She has never used any of our other mobile devices (to include the other tablet) to do that before. Now I walk in to see an empty touchstone each day and she is off playing her favorite game or browsing the internet. I wish I could get another one for her right now. HParsons you are a lucky man!
    Last edited by k4ever; 07/23/2011 at 05:57 PM.
    Congratulations! Much better freebee from HP for the Orlando Meetup and Veer offering! No hard feelings and at least HP gave away a Veer! Either way, glad someone who needs it can enjoy....with 4 girls, you need all the help you can get!

Either way, I'm in the same boat. Wife wants one since she's played with my unit and probably wait till the 7" unit arrives for her unless we win one the old fashioned way. Enjoy and great job HP with the donation and meet-up support. Sorli...
    Congrats. I'm waiting for the Touchpad roadshow to come to Memphis.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Congrants!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Now you can experience touch to share, I hope.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon