Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By windzilla
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I hope this is the right forum. I have tried to install Preware on my new Touchpad using instructions from www.webos-internals/wiki/Application:Preware. I chose to use WebOS Quick Install. I downloaded WebOS quick Install v4.2.0 to my laptop and installed it with Novacom. After putting the Touchpad in developers mode with webos20090606, I connected it in USB mode and ran Quick Install. I searched for Preware and began installing it. A box opened up with "Installing: org.webosinternals.prepare_1.7.0_arm.ipk" and the swirling circular arrow. The problem is that it installed for over an hour until I closed it from the Windows Task Manager. What did I do wrong? Or what went wrong? Help?
    Try it again but this time when you plug in your TouchPad do not tap USB mode, tap cancel.
    just wondering did preware show up in the app launcher?

it will be hard for the real guru's of webos internals to trouble shoot in depth if you don't use the command line to install. But I'm sure they have other tricks to help you.

my thoughts are, have you tried again and when you say USB mode did you place it in thate mode on the touchpad itself? If so try installing again without selecting usb mode but ignoring it.

I know on the phones you need to select just charge. On my Touchpad if I use webos quick install it takes only seconds to install preware. Have you given it a second go. Could be that your pc lost internet and you were in limbo
    Bones likes this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    No it did not show up in the App Launcher. I will try again without clicking the USB only button on the Touchpad.

Thanks to both you and netwrkr9 for than suggestion.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    It worked but not with ignoring the USB selection. I had to select "Cancel", (Netwrkr9 was right) then Quick Install worked and installed Preware on my Touchpad successfully. It only took a few minutes.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    The above link doesn't work for me. Is there a known issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercule View Post
    The above link doesn't work for me. Is there a known issue?
    Somehow he stripped the .org out of the address. Try this: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    the easiest method of preware installation is the .exe for windows users.

Get Preware Dot Org
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]