Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By etphoto
  1.    #1  
    Since we are waiting for the first update for the newly launched TP, this question might be impossible to answer. Yet, can the update come this weekend or is it going to be a weekday release?

ET
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Someone on here claimed to have the inside scoop that July 25 is the big day...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3027039
    I think its been done before but who really knows

I say it will get here when its ready and thats what I want. Last thing we need is a rushed update
    Unless a major issue is fixed, no, there will be no updates on a weekend.

There is a large staff that would have to be available to take calls and other issues created by the release and I do not see HP doing that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by toy4x4 View Post
    Unless a major issue is fixed, no, there will be no updates on a weekend.

There is a large staff that would have to be available to take calls and other issues created by the release and I do not see HP doing that.
    lol. that large "staff" is overseas.

ET
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    Actually, most Pre updates hit late on a Friday night / into Saturday morning so far as I can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    Someone on here claimed to have the inside scoop that July 25 is the big day...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3027039

I'd buy that. I'm slated to participate in that "Touchpad Study" by Elliott Research/HP July 26 - August 1 is what they told me. Would they *really* start a study designed to give feedback on the device without issuing the OTA update first?
    Quote Originally Posted by wood_sprite View Post
    I'd buy that. I'm slated to participate in that "Touchpad Study" by Elliott Research/HP July 26 - August 1 is what they told me. Would they *really* start a study designed to give feedback on the device without issuing the OTA update first?
    The study might want to include before the update, the OTA update experience and your opinions after the update. Assuming no show stoppers are found by Q/A or developers we should see the update by the 29th.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan