Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody heard any sales figures to date. Thank you.
    no
    I Would Love to know this too, but It hasnt been a month yet so I think we wont know until at least August 1st. They usually do these by monthly or quarterly or yearly. I Hope They are selling well. They seem like they are.
    I also wish there was a way to tell how many are selling due to us WebOS fans and how many due to HP fans and finally how many due to the commercials
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I also wish there was a way to tell how many are selling due to us WebOS fans and how many due to HP fans and finally how many due to the commercials
    Those that sold during the soft launch were WebOS fans.
    i would b interested to know what is their return rates.
    Maybe a Touchpad developer can tell us how their Touchpad apps are doing. I'm particularly interested in Mojo/Enyo devs who have an Enyo (not a fullscreen Mojo) version of their app, and comparing how the Mojo/Enyo versions are doing in terms of downloads.
    I thought the oldest saying of advertising was 'I know only 20% of my advertising works - I just don't know which 20%'
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo_sg View Post
    This is not a Pre-. I doubt there are many/any.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    We will never get to know. The only way to know is either from app store downloads or the market research folks like comscore or Gartner will say something.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    This is not a Pre-. I doubt there are many/any.
    from the amount of dead demo units I've witnessed in Best Buy stores and the ones I've read about, I would be willing to bet there were some returns for sure.
    not hearing any buzz about the touchpad other than here. when i start hearing and seeing others talk about the touchpad, then i would say it maybe doing well.

aside from the soft release, havent heard much back from the first set of reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo_sg View Post
    i'm only waiting for the update this week to make my final decision. Already returned my Beef to avoid being stuck in the contract. I had hoped to get the Veer and Touchpad to experience the ecosystem... But they still won't work together as advertised. And still no Pre3. Touchpad without the webOS phones... That loses a lot of the appeal. If the update is great, I mean GREAT, i'll hang on. Otherwise, mine goes back and i'll watch from the bleachers.

I doubt i'm the only one...
    wickedcontra likes this.
    I asked one of my local futures shops how the touchpad was selling and he said well. However he also later said that it was his first day and everyone on staff thought you needed an app to use the webos phone calling feature
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Just follow HP's next financial statement. I'm sure it'll say.
    I heard hp is to have a earning call on aug 16th.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    If they were good, you would have heard something already from HP. Obviously they were not good.

By the way, this talk of a "soft launch" is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    If they were good, you would have heard something already from HP. Obviously they were not good.

HP is very tight lipped about stuff. Even their successes.
    IphoneinScotland, Rnp and lukehale like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post

"Good" is relative. I think if they were better than expected HP would have announced something.

ET
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    from the amount of dead demo units I've witnessed in Best Buy stores and the ones I've read about, I would be willing to bet there were some returns for sure.
    there is a difference between software defect and hardware one. As long as its not hardware related its not a big deal.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast