Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 109 of 109
Like Tree28Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVogt View Post
    I went to a walmart in Omaha, Nebraska about 2 weeks ago. The guy said the HP rep was there a few days earlier. He mentioned he really likes the system with the cards. He seemed knowledgeable about the touchpad.

    His most interesting comment, as the conversation came to a close: "we've had 48 pre-orders!'
    I've heard many stories of various stores selling out; stores having dozens of devices and selling through. However, these are all anecdotal, and really mean no more than the dire reports of poor sales that are made up on this forum.

    Reality is, short term sales for the first few weeks aren't going to sway HP's plans one way or the other. As I keep saying, HP is going to be selling webOS devices for some time to come.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Of course you don't need to get used to it, but whether or not you do doesn't change the fact that they're going to be selling WebOS devices for a long time to come. It's going to happen no matter how much the whiners whine, and the nay-sayers offer their "predictions".
    Then why did you tell me to get used to it? You seem to be having a conversation with yourself. That's not even relevant to the thread. It's not responsive to anything i said. At no time did i even claim that HP wouldn't be selling them for a long time. I never made a prediction as to what they sell.It's like you heard some phantom voice talking bad about your HP and got mad. It wasn't me. I'm not going to take your argument bait. I'm through discussing something i didn't say with you in this thread.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    their target is #1 in enterprise and #2 for the consumer side.
    How will hp break down the sales at earning call?

    Isn't 3mil in 2011 a trget?
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    How will hp break down the sales at earning call?

    Isn't 3mil in 2011 a trget?
    If they announce units shipped instead of sold then the analysts will assume sales to customers are slow.

    I doubt very much they hit 3 million this year. No matter what they sell, some people here will still argue that it is a tremendous success and it was never HP's goal to beat Apple (its always a great idea when you release a new product to shoot for number 2). They will ignore current sales and say things like "HP will be selling WebOS devices for a long time to come" .

    I'm curious if shareholders would want to HP to carry a platform for "years to come" if its not moving devices.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I'm curious if shareholders would want to HP to carry a platform for "years to come" if its not moving devices.
    Yeah, I guess that's exactly point of this tread.
  6. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    The average consumer doesn't see/care. If something doesn't work right, it doesn't work. ...and back it goes.
    It goes back. And the tech service at bestbuy will do a reboot, then everything comes back. What I am trying to tell is a hardware issue will hit badly than a software one.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Do we know what these targets are?

    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    No...
  8. #108  
    Although most of the arguments in this thread are thought out and intelligent this thread is really going nowhere. We don't have any data on initial sales projections and current sales to base any assumptions on. In other words we are all clueless as to how well the Touchpad is selling. We are all just spinning our wheels.....
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Although most of the arguments in this thread are thought out and intelligent this thread is really going nowhere. We don't have any data on initial sales projections and current sales to base any assumptions on. In other words we are all clueless as to how well the Touchpad is selling. We are all just spinning our wheels.....
    I agree. Let's wait for the earnings call.

    <<thread closed>>
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions