Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    The only reason I don't think Win Mobile will die off is because MS is digging deep into integration, so they will probably continue development of Win Mo along side Windows. Also front page has an article about some companies not giving up on Win Mo due to all the apple lawsuits.

I don't think Win Mo will be a big player, but I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon. Especially with the hardcore windows/xbox folks, just as I will be hopefully finding an easy way to put WebOS on my desktops when they release the PC version.
    Windows Mobile is dead and gone... Now Windows Phone, that's a different story.
    Blah LOL
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    I think everyone will be surprised with how low the sales actually are.. sorry..
    Is this just a hunch or it's based on some info?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    ...HP has the ability to make more than Asus and probably Apple...
    HP no longer makes computers. Asus actually makes a lot of HP and Apple computers.

A Foxconn tablet is worth more with an American logo on it. Labor in a Chengdu camp saves $5 per device.

Don't forget those who really make it.
    Saves $5 per device? I actually thought you were going to say costs less than $5 per device. (seriously not making light of the working conditions)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Labor in China is about 30 cents per device instead of $6 in the US. Total time is about 20 minutes.
    So we are just talking assembly, not labor on production of components? That makes sense, seams like $6 would be low for the US in total labor to get all the bits sorted as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Is this just a hunch or it's based on some info?
    Probably just a guess, there's is no data right now at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This whole "if sales were good, they'd be talking about them" stuff is just FUD from the usual cast of nay-sayers on here.

The bottom line is that HP is going to be selling WebOS tablets and phones for quite some time.
    No it's the stuff that analysts use to weigh investment decisions. HP tanked on bad earnings last quarter. HP pointed to lower profits from notebook and pc sales. HP lowered also lowered guidance for this quarter and pointed to webos tablets as a way of offsetting losses that group. HP spent two months touting webos as something material that will effect the PSG. To act like they can now sit back and say nothing about wether sales of those tablets have shown any positive effect on HP makes no sense. It's naive.

Whether HP sells them is not the bottom line to the people who will be on the earnings call or any of the people who are investors in HP. They could sell 9 they could sell 9 million. There's a massive difference. That's not the bottom line if you're deciding to buy or sell the stock after an earnings call. the issues is how much are they selling.

The bottom line is that HP is going to be selling WebOS tablets and phones for quite some time. Get used to it
    Get used to it? I don't have to get used to anything. Guess what? Nobody is trying to prevent HP for selling tablets man. There's nothing to get used to.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    Whether HP sells them is not the bottom line to the people who will be on the earnings call or any of the people who are investors in HP. They could sell 9 they could sell 9 million. There's a massive difference. That's not the bottom line if you're deciding to buy or sell the stock after an earnings call. the issues is how much are they selling.
    I believe as long as HP meets or beats it's forecasted target set for Touchpad sales (hardware and app revenue) investors will be happy. Question really is did they make the right forecast? If they have to adjust down they lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    I believe as long as HP meets or beats it's forecasted target set for Touchpad sales (hardware and app revenue) investors will be happy. Question really is did they make the right forecast? If they have to adjust down they lost.
    Do we know what these targets are?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    their target is #1 in enterprise and #2 for the consumer side.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    HP no longer makes computers. Asus actually makes a lot of HP and Apple computers.

A Foxconn tablet is worth more with an American logo on it. Labor in a Chengdu camp saves $5 per device.

Don't forget those who really make it.
    My point is HP has the ability to really pump out product regardless of who is making it for them.

FYI: the TouchPad is actually made in Taiwan, not China.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    there is a difference between software defect and hardware one. As long as its not hardware related its not a big deal.
    The average consumer doesn't see/care. If something doesn't work right, it doesn't work. ...and back it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    So we are just talking assembly, not labor on production of components? That makes sense, seams like $6 would be low for the US in total labor to get all the bits sorted as well.
    No that is 20 minutes for all labor. Assembly is about 10 minutes and the rest is for all other handling needed. 20 minutes is the total labor time from parts to shipped product.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    My point is HP has the ability to really pump out product regardless of who is making it for them.

FYI: the TouchPad is actually made in Taiwan, not China.
    HP does not pump out anything. The Foxconn factory called the Chengdu labor camp in the Republic of China makes TouchPads, Veers, and hopefully Pre 3's.

Asus, Samsung, LG, Acer, Inventec, Compal, ZTE, Hitachi, MSI, and dozens more really do pump out products. To save $5 per unit, HP and the others buy electronics from them and have their name put on. That is why HP releases Sales figures, no longer manufacturing production numbers.

<<staff edit>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/26/2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: off-topic... Its about sales figures not labor laws
    No it's the stuff that analysts use to weigh investment decisions.
    But that doesn't change the facts. HP simply doesn't talk about individual unit sales. The nonsense on here that their silence is an indicator that they're doing poorly is just that, nonsense. HP silence is an indicator that HP is doing what they typically do.

Get used to it? I don't have to get used to anything. Guess what? Nobody is trying to prevent HP for selling tablets man. There's nothing to get used to.
    Of course you don't need to get used to it, but whether or not you do doesn't change the fact that they're going to be selling WebOS devices for a long time to come. It's going to happen no matter how much the whiners whine, and the nay-sayers offer their "predictions".
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    But that doesn't change the facts. HP simply doesn't talk about individual unit sales. The nonsense on here that their silence is an indicator that they're doing poorly is just that, nonsense. HP silence is an indicator that HP is doing what they typically do.
    Wait a min.. Doesn't Apple post sales figures for individual products.. Like how many ipod touches where sold and another set for how many iPhone 4's where sold broken down into 16GB units & 32GB units..

Oh wait.. They dont..

Hparsons.. Dunno why you keep debating these things.. You're outnumbered

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    sledge007 and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    The average consumer doesn't see/care. If something doesn't work right, it doesn't work. ...and back it goes.
    Depends on what it is..

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Wait a min.. Doesn't Apple post sales figures for individual products.. Like how many ipod touches where sold and another set for how many iPhone 4's where sold broken down into 16GB units & 32GB units..

Oh wait.. They dont..

Hparsons.. Dunno why you keep debating these things.. You're outnumbered

Yes, but Apple hasn't purchase Palm in the eve of low earnings, and hasn't reconstructed their PSG, or entered new market segment with whole new set of products. For Apple it's business as usual, for HP, whole thing with webOS is rather unusual, so it's safe to predict investors would love to hear som real numbers, not totals.
    I went to a walmart in Omaha, Nebraska about 2 weeks ago. The guy said the HP rep was there a few days earlier. He mentioned he really likes the system with the cards. He seemed knowledgeable about the touchpad.

His most interesting comment, as the conversation came to a close: "we've had 48 pre-orders!'
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast