webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > TouchPad Stuck in USB Mode/Waiting On HP Support
TouchPad Stuck in USB Mode/Waiting On HP Support

Old 10/27/2011, 08:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thank God for this forum. I put a case on my TP today and after a few minutes it went into USB mode and wouldn't come out!!! After reading this forum thread, I was able to fix it...that HOLD CENTER BUTTON and ON/OFF together REALLY WORKS!!! After about thirty seconds, it rebooted and is back to normal...Thanks one and all for your assistance.
oceanside263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2011, 05:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
That's terrible! In another thread I saw you've tried resetting the device by holding power and volume up and the center button all at the same time. In a different thread HelloNNNewman said just holding power and the center button should do the trick. Could you try that?

Thank you!! Worked for me!!
Toevery1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2011, 06:26 PM   #23 (permalink)

glad to find this - mine just went into USB mode after pairing it for the first time with my Palm Pre + - fortunately the two-button reset method worked -

anyone had that problem after bluetooth pairing?

thanks - jon
james H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2011, 04:31 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
Well my 5 day old TouchPad is now stuck in USB Mode. I have been on the phone with HP Tech Support for two days now and they tell me someone will call me. No one knows how to get it out of the USB Mode.

It happened when I received my HP TouchPad Case. I had it in the case and the volume would go up by it's self. I took it out of the case and it still would just increase the volume. On the fourth restart it went into USB Mode and that is all she wrote. The sad thing is that it was working like a charm before I put on the case. I assume that the volume up button is stuck. It doesn't feel stuck.

I tried to download the webOS Doctor on the Palm site, but it has some type of error and won't load. The worst part is the run around I am getting from HP. Now I am in limbo waiting to hear back on when I will receive a replacement.

I hope this doesn't happen to any of you.
I had the same issue. Holding the power button and the Home button simultaneously for about ten seconds, rebooted the TP in normal mode.
touchandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2011, 11:50 AM   #25 (permalink)

Awesome thread... This made me register to this website.
i got mine fixed by holding the power button and center button at the same time for 15 secs.

Thanks to all guys suggested this.
Gopikrishnan Jagadeesalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2011, 10:41 PM   #26 (permalink)

I had to hold mine power and center button for longer than 30 SEC but it worked.
MysterGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2011, 06:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

After being on hold 13mins with support only to be disconnected...this little magic trick worked. I was trying the power + volume keys, but now I know.
amuzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2012, 10:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
I tried all suggestions I could find. Even HP went over everything I found in the threads. I'm thinking since my volume was going up by its self, maybe it is stuck internally thus giving me the USB screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
I AM HAVING THIS PROBLEM..stuck in usb mode!! about a month ago the volume starting going up by itself...this happened also when i first got it and then the problem stopped for a while..then came back again...
anyways..tried doing update, it restarted and now stuck in usb screen!
hellbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2012, 10:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbinder View Post
I AM HAVING THIS PROBLEM..stuck in usb mode!! about a month ago the volume starting going up by itself...this happened also when i first got it and then the problem stopped for a while..then came back again...
anyways..tried doing update, it restarted and now stuck in usb screen!
I had this same issue back in July. I spent over a week with HP trying to get my TouchPad out of the USB Screen. The ended up sending me another TouchPad. I'm sorry you all are going through this. I feel your pain.
dabombcra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2012, 09:39 AM   #30 (permalink)

thank god ..u guys.. saved me..everything was normal with my TP ..then i connected my TP in USB mode to transfer files..but somehow it didn't open automatically ..so i disconnected without ejecting the device (since that didn't work in first place ) after that my TP got stuck in USB mode... then after meddling for half an hr with my TP with no success i decided to run to the forum..and holding power & centre button for 15secs my TP rebooted..i am sooo relieved now...thankyou guys.....
Old 08/16/2012, 01:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

thanks! i tried to install cyanogenmod but touchpad disconnected from usb and was in boot usb screen until i found this topic! center button + power button restarts the device! btw; i had to keep buttons down 5 seconds. some guys here says they have to 30 secs?
MJ m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 02:18 PM   #32 (permalink)

u have to keep the power button and the center button held down long enough
ron Haney is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0