Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    I need help I won an HP touchpad in raffle event and I have been messing with the programs and I think it may be a store demo! What do I do?
    What do I do?
    Be thankful that you've got a Touchpad? And for free. :P

Seriously, what makes you think it's a demo unit? Is it damaged or covered in finger-prints?
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by BriXD7667 View Post
    I need help I won an HP touchpad in raffle event and I have been messing with the programs and I think it may be a store demo! What do I do?
    at this point all our TouchPads are demos
    kill_dano likes this.
  4.    #4  
    every time I let it idle it starts a demonstration for the product. It doesnt allow me to remove or download apps at all. I can't even create a profile account on it. Every time I try it restarts and plays the demonstration vid.
    Maybe A Visit To The Doctor Will Help

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  6.    #6  
    any suggestions?
    Is there a demo app on it that you can delete? If that doesnt work go get webOS Doctor for Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    any suggestions?
    A legitimate give-away unit should come ready to set up a profile and should run through the first-use registration. If it goes into DEMO mode then yes, it's likely a DEMO unit. If I remember correctly demo units are specifically banned from being sold or used as give-away items. You can contact HP support and find out what their policy.

Do you mind telling where you got the unit and under what circumstance? It's possible that you also have a solid complaint against whatever company/organization gave you the item if they did so under false pretense. Since "you win a HP TouchPad" is not the same as "you win a HP TouchPad demo unit". Reminds me of that contest where a woman thought she won a Toyota and the radio company was pulling a punked and gave her a Toy Yoda.

At the end of the day if HP doesn't care and you don't care, use the TouchPad doctor and hopefully you should be able to get everything set up right.
    run the doctor and you will be all set.
    Hmm... having a demo app that keeps coming up makes me wonder if the device ever 'grew feet' and walked out of a store somewhere. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    Reminds me of that contest where a woman thought she won a Toyota and the radio company was pulling a punked and gave her a Toy Yoda.
    That is hilarious!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    fxspec06 likes this.
    I thought I saw an option to turn off and on "demo mode".

Maybe I am crazy though...

Or maybe that was when I was playing with a demo unit 2 days before I got mine.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hmm... having a demo app that keeps coming up makes me wonder if the device ever 'grew feet' and walked out of a store somewhere. :/
    This is what I was thinking... Hopefully the OP is legit and was given an improper device. If he vanishes after 3 posts then maybe...??
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Five finger discount!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

HP said demos dont save or do full resets or doctor because iam on my second touchpad first one from qvc was messed up bad they think it was a demo pad since it wouldnt save info or reset or doctor good luck on it man. Link to more info
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3031835
    every time I let it idle it starts a demonstration for the product. It doesnt allow me to remove or download apps at all. I can't even create a profile account on it. Every time I try it restarts and plays the demonstration vid.
    I may just be reading this wrong, but could it be the Exhibition Mode? If you go into the Settings tab, you'll find it there and you should be able to turn it off.

We're probably not talking about the same thing, but just incase we are...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    you need a doctor =]
    it will erase everything, and be like new once ure done!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    This is what I was thinking... Hopefully the OP is legit and was given an improper device. If he vanishes after 3 posts then maybe...??
    Looks like you may have hit the head right on the nail.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I asked about a similar thing in another thread [sorry for the double post but I am at a loss]. And the "next" button is greyed out with the dr at the connect device step - suggestions?
    fixed after finding out that the Dr would would in usb mode

awesome

Cheers -

Edit: now it won't allow me to create a profile/webOS account. Suggestions? Is it related to the slowness of the HP servers all day?
    Last edited by sertolicell; 08/20/2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: still having issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast